turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Nanonano2 , wow that's progress! I was so mad to hear two offsets quoted when we called. I guess IRS figured out a way to pull it finally!!!

I just wanted to let everybody know that my husband checked our bank account this morning at 4:10 and low and behold our stimulus was deposited into our bank account

Yes I received mine today as well this morning. 

thanks for the quick note!  I went to check mine and we received ours as well.  

got mines this morning too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@mzzwillis who did you all call regarding getting your payment?

Still nothing for us, but I will keep looking

@Shadrake up until last month i was calling the irs every week.i was told last month that they would start sending out our stimulus payments in the beginning to mid september. i didnt even know the money was there this morning until i saw a post from this group that a few people had gotten their money so i checked my acct and it was there.  i even called the offset number a few days ago and there were 2 offsets instead of 3 like there was back in april. and that was good news. 

@mzzwillis , can I ask if you already had your 8379 processed prior to the stimulus? I filed mine with the return but it was still showing as being processed when the stimulus fiasco hit, so I don't know if that means they know I am 8379 eligible or not. 

@olechka79  yes form 8379 was already processed. i filed my taxes in feb. i didnt get my half of the tax money until april. then april 15th we were supposed to get our stimulus money and it didnt happen.

@mzzwillis  I have called about four numbers this morning and still cannot get an answer as to when I will get my payment. I am done at this point, it's a lost cause and I just need to accept I will not see that money.  Yes, I file the injured spouse form every year I file taxes. I know next year I will not let them take my state, I will file an injured spouse form to get that money back as well. 

US Bank on west coast here.

Filed injured spouse with tax return last February, lost half of stimulus in April - as of this morning nothing posted to bank account used for deposit on tax return. Will update if that changes.

@Shadrake i was calling every single week. sitting on hold for hours!!!! and every time i called i got a different answer. i was done too!!!! have you tried calling the offset number to see how many offsets there are? if you  hear only 1 offset instead of 2.. there is hope!! in my case there was 2 because haLf our taxes were taken and then half the stimulus. 

@mzzwillis Yes, the eight hundred, nine one nine, nine eight three five? All it says is I don't have an offset. They send you back to the IRS when you asked about the stimulus payment.  When I spoke to someone at the eight hundred, three zero four, three one zero seven number, she claims I need to have my husband call the treasury department to let them know the offset they took is not his, which makes no f sense to me since I filed the injured spouse form every year. 

Nothing yet in my bank 😫

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies