turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Italianones , do you mean "until they get the letter" or "unless they get the letter"? What if they get it before 6 months?

I spoke to the IRS yesterday. first i spoke to the TAS dept. i read a post on here the other day that said the TAS dept could help with the stimulus payment. The lady in the TAS dept was unable to help with my issue. She did say she could see that both payments were split and 1 payment was sent to child support. She transferred me to the IRS and i spoke to a lady there who gave me much different information than i normally get. She said she had to fill out some form. like a referral . she said once the form was submitted it could take up to 60days before  i get my portion. she did say that they are in the process of correcting the stimulus issue. and some people would get money by the end of the month. i dont know which group of people will get their money first..but if anyone here does..pleaseee post. i have heard so many stories from the IRS that i dont believe anything they tell me. i need proof.

TMG5
Level 2

@mzzwillis I received the same information when I called Monday and spoke with an IRS representative so fingers crossed for all of us that we FINALLY receive our portion!!

Just saw this article reiterating what was already said and it looks like IRS is working on this.  https://procedurallytaxing.com/scheduled-relief-for-injured-spouses-whose-stimulus-payments-were-sen...

I wonder what is the timeline for the people whose 8379 was filed, but still shows as return being processed, and those who have not received a federal refund yet either. I am one of those people, although I heard that "where is my refund" tool online is not accurate. At the same time, since I have not received my federal portion, I assume 8379 has not been processed either.... 

I spoke to someone yesterday at IRS and couldn't really give me information so they transferred me to the injured spouse department and they gave me some promising news they said my 8379 has been assigned and right now it's in the person's inventory she asked me for my number just in case they need anymore information and also if a 2nd round of stimulus money go out another 8379 form doesn't have to be filled out so hang in there everyone we will get our money it's just a lengthy process we never know we might be getting 2 stimulus checks and also they told me that I was going to get my part of the income tax so let's all keep our fingers crossed and good luck everyone 🤞

IRS owes me $2200 my half of the stimulus check.. I woke up to a deposit of $24.30 from IRS.. wth??? Can this be interest that is owed??

Could it be your half of your refund? 

Thank you very much, I have not

received anything yet I filled a injured spouse form in early May, do you think I should put it in again or what do you think should be my next step.?

@mtmberry03  Right? Maybe.. 😭😫😭

I woke up to $5.39 deposited under TAX REF .. I was wondering if it was stimulus related or just from filing something wrong in February. 

The IRS has started paying interest on Refunds.  See IRS notice posted August 18, 2020

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/13-point-9-million-americans-to-receive-irs-tax-refund-interest-taxable...

Write a big note to yourself in your tax papers for it so you remember to enter the interest into your return next year as it will be taxable interest income.

Sad to say I still haven't received my stimulus. I haven't heard anything but what I was told a few months ago. Is this going to be the same thing we go through with the next stimulus? Cause this is bull**bleep**. 

They did the same to my wife, she put an injured spouse form in but she's got nothing yet, she filed back in April after we filled taxes.

I havent gotten anything yet either. If anyone does receive their stimulus could you please let us know. Really drowning over here. I filed our taxes back in February 8th. We got our return in July so I know they processed our injured spouse form but still no sign of stimulus. They say not to do anything or contact them yet but it's like hello! We need help.

I’m also waiting since May 6 supposedly they said they will deposit. The child support office said it will take 180 days to review . 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies