Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I think they are just blowing this issue off and hoping no one notices. If you do call and happen to get a human after a 3 hour wait they don't tell you anything other than they don't know and maybe file for it next year, but they also say they are not certain that is the way to fix it. Has anyone thought about filing form 3911 to conduct a trace on the payment and see if that helps?

Yes, already tried that. The representative stated I had a letter mailed 4/30/2020, explaining what happened to my portion. I explained my husband had received a letter with just his name on it. She said she couldn’t speak to what happened to my letter, but I should have received one. She stated the trace is used for people who had shown a date in the tool, and letter stating the deposit was made to their bank account, and not intercepted by child support. 

Anyone got their Stimulus check yet? 😭

@InjuredSpouseN3kids Not I. 😒

I was told my stimulus check will be released two weeks after I receive my income tax return well 2 weeks have come and gone...I called them late last week and they told me give it two more weeks so I wait patiently. 

So they are telling some they will get one? My portion was erroneously captured by child support , even though I always file an injured spouse form.  When I inquired about it, was told I would not get one but would be able to capture that when I file my 2020 tax return. 

@Becks80  That’s not fair... because CS will take a percentage when next year comes.. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I agree it’s not fair. I am the breadwinner in the household so the portion taken from my refund has never been more than a couple hundred dollars. I think I will be revisiting the idea of married filing separately. 

It looks like there will be another stimulus check being issued soon. My question is, how do we prevent this fiasco from happening again?

No idea. Just praying that now that all electronic returns have been processed along with the injured spouse forms that it will now save us. Either that or even better would be if theyd just issue everyone the debit cards with it already on it so nothing gets taken.

auttybee

I am in the same exact boat. Have you received yours yet? It's been a few months and still nothing. We called child support agency and they said my portion of the check was 'pending' or being 'held'. 

So has anyone heard anything new or have any new updates???? Anyone get their stimulus payment yet???? I know that my family could sure use it even if it was only half of what was suppose to get

If you look for your stimulus payment on the irs site and it says that the payment was sent but you didnt get anything and you filed an injured spouse form, you wont get your stimulus until you file taxes next year and claim it. If the site doesnt give you a date and they just processed your tax return and you got it, then wait up to 3 weeks and you should receive it. If not, call the irs.

Nothing yet supposedly May 6 in my account . I emailed child support they said it’s on hold until 180 days for further review as it is joined tax 

@ELeone  Can you please post the link to the IRS site where it says that you have to claim it on taxes in 2021 if you didn't receive it? This wouldn't make any sense because anyone who files injured spouse would end up losing their stimulus once again when it gets intercepted. Our stimulus payments have already been divided in half, so this wouldn't be a fair resolution to the issue. 

I personally have been running in circles with this. I have a tax advocate but she hasn't been able to do much for me unfortunately. I spoke to the IRS last week and they told  me they didn't see my payment on their end and that child support must have it. I spoke to child support and they said that they do NOT have it, that they only received my husband's half, amounting in $1950. My $1950 is apparently on a hold. I then spoke to child support again and was told that the Department of Health & Human Services is holding all of these checks as they try to come to an agreement with the Bureau of Fiscal the Service and the IRS as to how these should be dispersed - whether they should be sent to the IRS to send out or sent to child support to disperse. 

The question is WHEN will they make a decision as to releasing our checks to us. ;sigh;

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies