Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I sure hope so! This is my second time sending a IS form again per Irs telling me to do so about two weeks ago. My first one was sent in March??Lord willing. Also i sent two of them ad one with PandemicStimulous on top of

the one form.. 

I electronically filed when IRS open, so January. March, I received my tax refund right before the shutdown. I've always filed with the IS electronically, still waiting on the stimulus. At this point, I've accepted I will not receive my portion. Yes, the money was offset due to my husband, CS. No, I haven't filed another IS as the IRS site said do nothing.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Did you file an injured spouse form with your original return?

This FAQ site may answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@CatinaT1 yes I did, I always file the I injured spouse with my original taxes. 

If you believe you did not have a debt and the stimulus was taken anyway, you need to contact the lender or the Treasure Dept Bureau of Fiscal Services.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203

@Opus 17 yes there is, check previous comments and the IRS site. 

I filed my taxes electronically February 8th. I didnt get my refund till june 17th. I filed the injured spouse form with my original taxes return. It is now july 11th. I still have not received my portion of the stimulus. I was told not to file another form. So what gives? This is ridiculous....

Did you check the get my payment for the stimulus on the irs website? I have always filed injured spouse with my tax returns, and had filed 1/31/2020. Received my refund 3/17/2020, and had a stimulus payment date of 4/30/2020. I unfortunately had my portion captured erroneously, by the irs computer glitch. I was told I will not get one, but will be able to capture that on next years taxes. 

I was supposed to get my stimulus on 4/15 but was also captured in error. So I guess I just get to claim it next year...😭 which is stupid because with everything going on me and my husband are out of work. Hoping to find work so we can even file taxes next year. We were barely making paycheck to paycheck...at this point we are losing everything. We just welcomed our first born and had just gotten married, my husband got promoted, finally gonna get a starter home... now weve lost everything weve physically gained. Cant even get unemployment...it feels so hopeless. 

Yes I did, thank you, and thank you for your response.

Have you reached out to Turbo Tax?  I mean they process a ton of returns and might have some influence. 

I need someone to clarify something for me. If we do not get our portion of the stimulus payment then someone mentioned we would have to claim it on next years tax return. However, if that causes us to get a refund and we are still filing married jointly, won't 1/2 of that be taken??? How is that fair? So my 1450 will be halved into $725 because it comes back to us as a refund or what? I am so confused at this point as to how we are ever going to get our portion.

@mtmberry03 which is EXACTLY why I may never file married filing joint again!!! 🤷‍♀️

@mzzwillis Me either!! They said it would be rectified 8-11 weeks of the time of the stimulus being taken. Here it is 12 weeks and counting and none of us have any more idea if we will ever see our portion of the stimulus~ I just cannot believe this happened.

Has anyone heard anything new? It has been two weeks since my refund was deposited. I am at my wits end on what to do moving forward. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies