cdc1n

Re: incident number xxxxxxxxx : Unable to run the manual update file sent to me as TurboTax has not yet installed due to installation error 17529104541.

I have completed all suggested fixes, no firewall running, windows updates installed, no spyware running and windows file scan has been run with no errors reported. How do I proceed at this point.

maarigard

I was getting error 1603 Windows Update Failed each time I tried to update TurboTax 2016 under Windows 10. I am running Windows 10.  I tried the New Frame repair suggested but that didn't work. Finally, I went into Settings/System/Apps&Features/Program and Features   or Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and then selected Turn Window Features On or off.   In that box, I turned off Netframe 3.5 and Netframe 4.6.   I rebooted the machine and Turbotax updated.   After the Turbotax update, I restored the Netframe selections and rebooted the machine. I never had this problem before under previous Window operating systems. It's a pain but it worked for me.

maarigard

impvgo

This was the perfect solution for me. I was getting the error 1603 while trying to update the Home&Business 2019. I did exactly what maarigard suggested, and worked wonderfully. I have now my TT up, updated, and running. Thank-you very much maarigard for your suggestion!