turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ekimpmac
Returning Member

Import Error from last year's file

I started my 2020 return and imported my 2019 info into TT2020 desktop from the 2019 file, and some of the amounts are different compared to the actual return. How do I correct the error, is there a known bug? For example, AGI listed for 2019 is different than what is shown on last year's actual return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to update information you imported into Turbo Tax. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ekimpmac
Returning Member

Thanks but this does not solve the issue, as it only gives me the option to remove info I have imported like W2s, not the prior year info. It also asks to remove everything, there is no option to pick and choose. But in any event, I do not really want to remove it, I want to fix it. TT is supposed to import info from last year's return correctly, and it has not done that. Therefore the comparisons in the program are not valid. Ultimately this (hopefully) won't affect this year's return, but it makes the tax history form incorrect and that will have to be adjusted before filing. Is there no way to correct info that has been brought in incorrectly? Why is this happening? This would seem to be a pretty basic file management process.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

I do recall there was an issue when transferring in 2019 historical data into a new 2020 tax return, but it appears that the issue has been resolved.   Not sure how much of the 2020 data you have entered, but I would recommend starting a new tax return and doing the import again.  Just be sure to name the files something different so one does not get written over.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies