turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dreko068

What should I do if my state return keeps getting rejected I’ve edited my profile nothing seems to be working I’m at the point of screw these taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What should I do if my state return keeps getting rejected I’ve edited my profile nothing seems to be working I’m at the point of screw these taxes

IL is pretty strict on their efiling rules  ... if you don't have a correct entry for the validation or they won't accept it then the only thing you can do is mail in the return. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

What is the exact error message or code ?  And which state ?
dreko068

- This return could not be processed for electronic filing by Illinois because of an issue with one or more of the pieces of information used to validate the signature: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number
 - Please review and correct the Primary taxpayer's signature requirements. At least one of the following signature fields must be present and valid on the Dept. Of Revenue's file: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number.
Illinois it also want let me post numbers of this error
dreko068

- This return could not be processed for electronic filing by Illinois because of an issue with one or more of the pieces of information used to validate the signature: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number
 - Please review and correct the Primary taxpayer's signature requirements. At least one of the following signature fields must be present and valid on the Dept. Of Revenue's file: IL PIN, Prior Year AGI, Driver's License or State ID Number.
Illinois it also want let me post numbers of this error

IL is pretty strict on their efiling rules  ... if you don't have a correct entry for the validation or they won't accept it then the only thing you can do is mail in the return. 

dreko068

Ok my federal was approved but state was denied but I owe them a few hundred dollars so will they just take it out of my federal?

No ... when you mail in the return you should send them the payment. In the FILE tab choose to mail in the return and to send a check.  That way the correct paperwork & instructions will be presented in the PDF of the return.

Good news is you have until 4/17/18 to file the return so your refund from the feds should be there in plenty of time.
Cbranch48

It still keeps getting rejected even when it fixes it

njcomet

But for NYS, it says if you used software to prepare the return, you must e-file?  But NYS keeps getting rejected when i try to file.  The Federal and NJ went through exile no problem?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies