Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stephanieceleste
Returning Member

If my husband currently makes $90,000 as his base salary and I make $100,000 as my base salary, how much should we be withholding?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
stephanieceleste
Returning Member

If my husband currently makes $90,000 as his base salary and I make $100,000 as my base salary, how much should we be withholding?

As I filled out my W4 to reflect, Single or Married filing separately, Multiple Jobs or Spouse works checked, and adding an additional $200 with Extra Withholding. Not sure if this is correct to make sure we don't owe the back a large $ amount in Federal taxes? Please advise.

RossP88
Expert Alumni

Good Afternoon! I am a CPA with TurboTax Live. It will depend on your itemized deductions and if you have children. One thing you will want to do is complete the multiple jobs worksheet with your W-4 in order to determine your additional witholding that you will need in order to cover the taxes on both of you working. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
stephanieceleste
Returning Member

We do not have any traditional and have also elected a standard deduction vs itemized.

stephanieceleste
Returning Member

*no children

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies