turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I need to mail in my return but the IRS rejects my stimulus form because it says I already filed my taxes (R000-902-01), is that because TurboTax already sent it in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I need to mail in my return but the IRS rejects my stimulus form because it says I already filed my taxes (R000-902-01), is that because TurboTax already sent it in?

If you already filed a 2019 or 2018 return, you cannot use the stimulus form.  The IRS stimulus form & TurboTax's Stimulus Registration is only for people who have not filed a return, or do not need to file a return.

View solution in original post

@sarahpayneevans  TurboTax cannot e-file your return.  You would have had to go all the way to the end & click on the Transmit or Submit button.  If the IRS is saying your SSN is on another return then you must have transmitted your return.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you already filed a 2019 or 2018 return, you cannot use the stimulus form.  The IRS stimulus form & TurboTax's Stimulus Registration is only for people who have not filed a return, or do not need to file a return.

Let me clarify: I haven't filed my taxes, I have to mail them in. When I went to the portal to fill out the form in lieu of mailing out my taxes, the form was rejected because the IRS said that my SS number was already used in this year's taxes. This is concerning because, as far as I know, I didn't file my taxes unless TurboTax automatically transmitted them for the stimulus program. Otherwise, I will need to worry about a stolen identity. So does TurboTax automatically transmit your federal taxes for the stimulus program regardless of what you actually need to do to officially file your taxes i.e., mail them in?

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax would not submit your return without your permission. You would have to press the "Submit" button after going through the "File" routine in TurboTax.

Are you sure the notice you saw regarding your return being submitted was for 2019?

Also, you can get a transcript of your return online from the IRS to see if it has been filed as follows:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@sarahpayneevans  TurboTax cannot e-file your return.  You would have had to go all the way to the end & click on the Transmit or Submit button.  If the IRS is saying your SSN is on another return then you must have transmitted your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies