Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I was placed under a 45 day random review. Will my fee still come out of my taxes?

Me too and last year2018 I was put under review and I did NOT receive a letter from irs I had too call them and find out that I was under review. And this year same thing happened and I called and they said I would get a letter but I filed my 2019 taxes on Jan 29 2020 and I talked to the irs two weeks ago still no letter but last year they just released them after awhile. So I'm thinking this year will be the same. So just keep checking the where's my refund app after awhile they will put them on. But I needed my refund weeks ago
WKins2
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I was placed under a 45 day random review. Will my fee still come out of my taxes?

The review might not have warranted a letter since they didn't find anything and agreed with your return. This year might be the same thing. In case it is not, the IRS will send you a letter with their findings and let you know if your return has been adjusted, why, and what it would do for your refund.

If the IRS sends you a letter asking for more information from you please make it a priority to get the IRS the information they requested as soon as possible since your refund will not be processed until they receive it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kreative
Returning Member

nope Im in same boat. No letter, got credits, was told random 45 day review and cant do anything nothing was wrong. Filed Jan.31st accepted same day. got transcripts in mail because cant online because phones not in my name and says processed on Mar. 2nd and code 766 credit to my account Apr. 15th. thats 45 days from Mar. 2nd is what im thinking. Def. frustrating. Cant stand the Gov always so easy to take from us but getting back theres always something it seems. I guess gotta be grateful that live in a country where i can at least **bleep** about it hahaha.

Strongone602
Returning Member

Maybe its just me but doesnt anyone else find it strange we all got  "randomly" picked for a review after we all filed through turbo tax...i didnt realize they randomly picked so many others until I read the comments...oh and mine is a 60 day so lucky you all with the 45 days lol

7408209393c
Returning Member

I was supposed to receive my letter on March 16 but my letter didn't come till like the 24th so I guess it's gonna be an extra week on top of them 45 days including the month and a half already been waiting That was filed on 10 FebruarySo whatever I said if they found a mistake I guess I can get a hold of nothing but hurry up and get the money to me stuff to catch up with bills we're going to House do you know the normal stuff you paid in February

Ok, I am being faced with the same situation. The only thing is, I never received a letter. I spoke to two different agents and they both told me they did not see where a letter was sent out to me. My 45 days are up, but I still haven’t received a letter nor has anything updated on the system. So, does anybody know what I should do?

I filed my taxes on feb 8th...recieved a 1200 dollar advance... Never received a letter from the IRS.. Called them  in march.. They told me my taxes will be in review starting March 16th..they said it was a random review, they said I should have received a letter.. But if course I didn't.. They said it would take 45 days if the IRS doesn't contain me.. Almost at the end of my 45 days.. And still nothing changed.. Now the IRS isn't taking phone calls.. It's only automated services.. So if I don't receive my refund or hear anything by the first week of May.. Going to have to call a tax advocate.. Very frustrating... 

I agree it really is. And I have not heard anything yet either. And of course I tried calling and was upset to find out there was no one to talk to. I literally just received a letter about the stimulus payment yesterday, but I received that

payment in the first roll out. I have yet to receive a letter about my actual refund and I don’t know what to do.

7408209393c
Returning Member

they actually told me it could take 45 to 60 days from the date on the letter they sent you that says you're on a 45 day hold or they say after the 45 to 60 days you can call and find out where your money is at but not until the 60 days is up so it really could be a 60 day order so if you're at that point I would definitely call but I filed my taxes on 10 February the letter was dated for March 23 or fourth so I'm just now getting to 45 day. If you've received no letter at all I would definitely be calling the IRS and finding out what's going on don't hang up till you get an answer

7408209393c
Returning Member

Listen how dumb this says I'm i'm in my 30s and so is my girlfriend of 11 years is also in her 30s I work she doesn't we have two kids I put her on my taxes just for the heck of it doesn't affect my taxes we are not married because the fact that we're not married screws her out of the $1200 stimulus check because of a stipulation bs 

7408209393c
Returning Member

I was also told the first time I called that the 45 days will start from the beginning of March like around the sixth but that was BS really didn't start till about the 24th  the letter I received was dated for so some of y'all might have your days wrong bs i was told wrong at first

And that is what I do not understand. I never received a letter, the first time I called the representative said there was nothing in the system about a letter being sent out. The second time is when the representative told me Iy could be up to 45 days and after that if there is anymore action that needs to be taken by me I would receive a letter. I still have not received a letter! I got one the other day, but it was regarding the economic stimulus check. And . And now I am day 51.

meghanch14
Returning Member

So I filed my return and it was accepted February 8th 2020. I called on March 5th after 21 days to see where my return was and the woman on the phone on the IRS said it was under random review and just completely random no flags, and that I would get it 45 days after March 16th she said nothing about a letter and a letter never did come I never called back because it was just a waiting game I  day is figured.Today is 45 days from march 16th and the IRS is now closed , i've called multiple times, can't get any info on IRS.gov or the app  at cuz sittingits just the exact same place it was saying it was accepted February 8th!!!! And they would let me know when they might have a date! I've NEVER GOTTEN A LETTER!  It will direct deposit into my bank.  I got my stimulus check I spend that all on bills. I've waited long enough, have no information, still out of work(bartender) and this not being here today put my children and I in a financial hardships

Me too. I have been under review since March 9th and it was supposed to end on April 23rd I believe that's 45 days from then. So with this covid-19 going on I have not heard from IRS, received a letter or my refund.I don't even know what's happening right now. I don't even think they are looking at my return right now. Have you heard anything?

My review was up the 23rd of April and I still haven't heard or received anything. I'm nervous and frustrated, I have no idea what's going on?I don't even think anyone is reviewing the returns right now due to virus.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies