Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received my 1095-C form from the company I worked for but I didn’t get my W2 form. What should I do now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I received my 1095-C form from the company I worked for but I didn’t get my W2 form. What should I do now?

They don't have to send you the W2 until January 31.  Wait for it!

And don't file early!  Last year (for 2018) the IRS put out some late changes and some early filers got tax due notices after they got their refund.  Also if you file in an early batch they get stuck in processing and might even take longer to get your refund.  

And You should wait because you might get a late W2 or 1099 in the mail.  They have until Jan 31 to send you the tax forms.  Or they may send you a corrected W2 or 1099 even later.

A Form 1095-C is not reported on a tax return so just keep the form for your records. 

Just Sign Out of the TurboTax online edition you are using and any information you have already entered is saved.  Just remember your User ID and Password so that you can sign back in at a later date.

Sign Out is located in the bottom left corner of the online program screen.

Your employer has until January 31, 2020 to provide you with your W-2.

The IRS will not be accepting any type of 2019 tax return until mid to late January so there is no hurry to file a return.

KittyM2
Expert Alumni

It depends. If the W-2 you are looking for is for 2018 or an earlier year, you should ask your employer to send you a copy of your W-2. This is the fastest and easiest way to get your W-2.

If you are looking for your 2019 W-2, it will not be sent until January and the due date for sending it is January 31, so it may be late in the first week of February before you receive your 2019  Form W-2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies