Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dbelwood2

I need to amend 2018. I have form rrb-1099 (blue copy). I see instructions there that say 'select the JUMP TO link'. Where do I find this link?

The answer I found previously says 'Search for rob-1099 and select the Jump to link in the search results.' There doesn't seem to be a link.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to amend 2018. I have form rrb-1099 (blue copy). I see instructions there that say 'select the JUMP TO link'. Where do I find this link?

You cannot update a 2018 return Online.  You need the 2018 TurboTax Amendment software which you download & install on your computer. 

Let’s get your 2018 tax return amended

We’ll help you make corrections or updates to your
IRS accepted 2018 tax return

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/amend/ty18/

Form RRB-1099 (Payments by the Railroad Retirement Board) – this form is blue and reports Social Security equivalent benefits payments, which are entered in the same place as SSA-1099s for conventional Social Security benefits.

• Click the Federal Taxes tab
  • Click Wages & Income.
  • Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
  • On the screen "Your 2018 Income Summary," scroll down to the section "Retirement Plans and Social Security."
  • Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)."
  • On the next screen, select "Yes, let's work on Social Security benefits" and click Continue.
  • On the next screen, "Tell Us About the Benefits You Received," check the box for "Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)," then enter the amounts indicated on the screen. If you are filing a joint return, be sure to enter the amounts in the column for the correct person.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You cannot update a 2018 return Online.  You need the 2018 TurboTax Amendment software which you download & install on your computer. 

Let’s get your 2018 tax return amended

We’ll help you make corrections or updates to your
IRS accepted 2018 tax return

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/amend/ty18/

Form RRB-1099 (Payments by the Railroad Retirement Board) – this form is blue and reports Social Security equivalent benefits payments, which are entered in the same place as SSA-1099s for conventional Social Security benefits.

• Click the Federal Taxes tab
  • Click Wages & Income.
  • Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
  • On the screen "Your 2018 Income Summary," scroll down to the section "Retirement Plans and Social Security."
  • Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)."
  • On the next screen, select "Yes, let's work on Social Security benefits" and click Continue.
  • On the next screen, "Tell Us About the Benefits You Received," check the box for "Social Security benefits (Form SSA-1099)," then enter the amounts indicated on the screen. If you are filing a joint return, be sure to enter the amounts in the column for the correct person.

RRB-1099: Railroad Benefits: Where do I report form RRB-1099 or RRB-1099-R?

To report the BLUE portion of Railroad Retirement, go to:

• Federal Section
  • Income (Enter Myself)
  • IRA/Pension Distributions
  • Social Security Benefits/RRB-1099

Enter the amount from the Blue Box, Box 5, Net Social Security Equivalent Benefit portion of Tier 1 Paid in the current tax year, on the Taxpayer's or Spouse's Social Security Benefits line. 

To report the GREEN portion of Railroad Retirement, go to:

• Federal Section
  • Income (Enter Myself)
  • IRA/Pension Distributions
  • RRB-1099-R 
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies