turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I must compute -annualized- estimated taxes each quarter. Can Turbotax do this for me? I do not want to estimate based on a previous year or do a work around.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I must compute -annualized- estimated taxes each quarter. Can Turbotax do this for me? I do not want to estimate based on a previous year or do a work around.

Thanks. This approach creates vouchers based on the previous year and is not annualized. I have to actually compute my estimated tax bill each quarter based on actual and current finances. Right now, I manually use worksheet 2-7 and supporting worksheets for se tax and capital gains. Can TurboTax do this for me? 

No.  You will have to use the worksheets in the IRS Form 1040-ES instructions for 2020 when they become available.

dmertz
Level 15

You must allocate the income, deductions and credits to the four tax quarters yourself.  TurboTax has no way to know the timing of the various portions of these throughout the year.  Once you have determined the allocation of these amounts per quarter yourself you can enter them into TurboTax so that TurboTax will prepare Schedule AI of Form 2210.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies