turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gonzafa

I keep getting "Reject Code IND-524" How can I fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

E-file reject IND-524 - The date of birth does not match IRS records.

This rejection occurs when the date of birth for the first person listed on the return is either incorrect or doesn't match IRS records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lily12
Returning Member

This is my date of birth

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are correct E-file reject IND-524: date of birth does not match IRS records.  Has your last name changed since you last filed your tax return.  If it has and you did not notify the social security department of the change this will cause a rejection. Post a reply to this thread if you need additional help with this issue.

I keep getting the rejected code and iforgot to notify IRS of mymy last marriage because I assumed my ex-husband did that . My social security number is correct [social security number removed] my birthday is [removed....removed]. I am now single and have no income and they keep rejecting my return and I need to

@renerclayton7 wrote:

I keep getting the rejected code and iforgot to notify IRS of mymy last marriage because I assumed my ex-husband did that . My social security number is correct [social security number removed] my [removed...removed]. 

You need to enter the name on your federal tax return that is exactly the same on your current Social Security card.  If your e-filed tax return continues to be rejected by the IRS, print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

If you have no income of any kind in 2019 then there is no need or reason to file a 2019 tax return.

IRS website for non-filer stimulus payments - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

Anonymous
Not applicable

if your married name is on the Social Security card, you'll need to contact them for the procedures to change to your maiden name.

Originally the SS office had the wrong birthdate.  We summitted the correct papers and got that corrected.  I called the SS office to make sure the birthdate is now correct.  It is.  So we resubmitted to IRS.  And still getting this error.   So, why am I still getting this reject code?

Use TurboTax in the Chrome browser and clear browsing data for all time before signing into TurboTax. 

Delete the entire entry for the person whose birthdate was wrong, then type in the information again and attempt to efile.  If there is still an error, it is on the IRS database and you may hae to print and file your return this year.

Shaip1986

No I haven’t change my last name 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

This rejection occurs when the date of birth for the first person listed on the return is either incorrect or doesn't match IRS records.

I went back and redid the tax forms but I am still getting the code. I have never had this come up in my previous years of filing.  Called the IRS cant get through.  Suggestions please

Yugwini12

I am getting IND-524 error again and again, but the date of birth I have entered is correct. what should I do?

Yugwini12

I am getting IND-524 error again and again, I have entered correct date of birth. But, still its rejecting. what should I do ?

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

The following TurboTax FAQ offers some advice on what to do if you're faced with this error and the date of birth is correct: How do I fix e-file reject IND-524?   @Yugwini12

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies