turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have upgraded to windows 11. Turbotax won't install. Microsoft says its not compatable. Has anyone seen a fix for this. Possible upgrade coming?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have upgraded to windows 11. Turbotax won't install. Microsoft says its not compatable. Has anyone seen a fix for this. Possible upgrade coming?

Hi, thanks for using TurboTax.
Can you please help us with more information regarding this issue. Like what is the error you are seeing while you are trying to install the product

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Even though Turbotax Desktop Software is compatible with Windows 11, please also check that your:

• Hard Drive Space
  • RAM and
  • Internet Connection

Is also compatible, by using this Turbotax FAQ, Minimum system requirements for TurboTax Windows software

If everything is compatible, Please also use this Turbotax FAQ for further steps, Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello, sorry it took so long to get back to you on my problem.  The original error from Turbotax was with regards to the Microsoft 11 installer.  Turbotax was reporting it was not working correctly and therefore the install could not proceed.  When I contacted Microsoft, they said to first verify that Turbotax was compatible with version 11.  They said they saw various posts stating problems from others.  I was finally able to get Turbotax installed.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the installer and re-registered it.  After a reboot, the Turbotax install proceeded.  Thanks for your feedback on my problem.  You can close this case.

Regards,

Karen

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies