Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have filled out my 1099-NEC, but getting an error trying to file- it's asking for some input on box 1 "double click link to: schedule C ....) I've tried redoing it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have filled out my 1099-NEC, but getting an error trying to file- it's asking for some input on box 1 "double click link to: schedule C ....) I've tried redoing it

Just talked to support.  Go to 1099 Other income.  1099 NEC was there.  Deleted it and reentered in that other income section.  Review was clear.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Same here.  I now have 4 NEC worksheets from deleting and reentering.  

Just talked to support.  Go to 1099 Other income.  1099 NEC was there.  Deleted it and reentered in that other income section.  Review was clear.

I've deleted it 3 times and the error is still there.  It says its not linked and I do exactly what it says and the issue isn't resolved.  Its rather frustrating that its Jan 31, and Turbo tax still has this error.  I'd try another software but I've already paid for this.  Turbo tax, pls fix this!!!

Holy crap that worked! Thank you! It was done very weird. I had entered it in "self employment", but it didn't register in the "other income" 1099-NEC part. When I added it in there, it showed it had been added 3 times, reducing my return! Correcting this, and deleting the "self employment" part, showed my total income from my W2, my 1099-NEC, and others correctly. It reviews clear now. I hope this helps others!

hheair20

I am there with you. I removed it and redo it and still getting the same error. My 1099 NEC does not have any other information but the income in box 1, no other boxes are checked, this is frustrating. 

Slogston

I have added and deleted several times and continue to get the same error...

Form 1099-NEC Worksheet (DC Tullis Enterprise Inc): A Link to Schedule C or another form is something we need to get your info in the right place. Here's what to do: Go to "Federal" and then "Income & Expenses". Select "Income from Form 1099-NEC." Make sure to complete all of the info in this area.

I have two 1099-NEC's entered exactly the same and only get the error on the second one. 

To those still having trouble, make sure you are going to Other Common Income not Self Employment.

Slogston

Other Income doesn't give you the option for 1099-NEC

Slogston

Actually it does i had to back all the way out to see it

Slogston

Well even when you enter it under other income it brings it back to the self employed income. I guess due to the 1099 NEC and gives the same error. Frustrating. 

Slogston

14th time was a charm 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies