Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have errors on Form 1099-B Worksheet Morgan Stanley Capital Asset Sales worksheet

Just got message in TT that E*trade 1099 download service is unavailable for maintenance until 2/26 at 11:00 PT.  Maybe something good will happen this weekend.

I have errors on Form 1099-B Worksheet Morgan Stanley Capital Asset Sales worksheet

Same here - had the problem, solved it by deleting the imported 1099-B and creating a new one manually. Luckily, I only had two transactions post merger (the pre-merger Etrade 1099-B is fine). 

Just tried to import from MS -> TT:

"The 1099 import service for E*TRADE Securities is currently unavailable.

Please try again on Monday, February 26 2024 at 11:00:00 PT."

Suspecting that the service was shutdown to prevent more problems.

That's an interesting import message, since there is no such thing as "Etrade Securities" anymore. Should be "Etrade Financial" or "Etrade from Morgan Stanley"... but it seems Morgan doesn't want their name anywhere close to this problem. And "11:00:00". Is that AM or PM?

Frankly, the sloppiness and poor communication are really starting to stack up here. Are we to infer that the only way we'd know a fix was in the works (besides trying to reach them by phone) is through a poorly worded import message in TurboTax, that would have required us to continue to try to import every day this week until a message finally posted? 

I sure wish there was a dynamic message area in the Etrade account home page to post updates like this. Oh wait, you say there is a dynamic message area? I wonder why they aren't using it... it's not like just a few folks use TurboTax.

Thank goodness for blogs to at least keep up with anecdotal information...

I asked my Etrade with Morgan Stanley rep yesterday if they would be putting out any kind of notice when they have completed the fix.  He said no you will just have to try to initiate the transfer again!   🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Well isnt that great customer service?

How about a banner on the tax forms page at MS as a good idea to explain and let folks know when the fix is completed?

Virgil7

I getting message to enter adjustment amt. for adjustment code N. What is this?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is a link to get updates: Why are my wash sales importing from my financial institution with adjustment code N instead of code...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@CatinaT1

Thanks for the link but I think daily TT update messages would be helpful to at leave give us some peace of mind that it is being worked on.  I'm feeling like I need to check a couple times a day because there are no updates being sent.  We are left to guess.  And for the record I'm not sure that just deleting the old import and importing the new one will work.  I deleted the old import already and there are worksheets that still contain information remaining.  

To add insult to injury, I just received an email from TT, informing me that I have time until this weekend to file my taxes and can get up to a $40 discount. Too bad that the combination of TT+MS makes it so hard to do that...

I entered into a chat dialogue with ETrade (MS) rep today.  After I had explained the problem with the import of my 1099-B MSSB file to TurboTax and it had 413 ajdustment areas on the 8949 Capital Sales Asset worksheet caused by Code N (Nominee), he came back and said that Operations had worked on the issue last evening, 2/22.    I am not a nominee. He commended deleting the incorrect file and re-import the download tomorrow.  It appears it is hit or miss approach.  Immediately after the chat ended, the Relationship Manager called, read the chat, and was unaware that any progress had been made per the chat rep's input.  Relationship manager advised to hold up on imprting any 1099+B down;oad.

LarryStocks

Same error. Sounds like. 3 wash sales - cannot get past it. Tried everything. Junk

This is not a Turbo Tax issue, this is a "garbage in, garbage out" issue.

Currently: 

The focus is Morgan Stanley (MS), they are working on it.

When importing from MS, there is still a message the import service is down while they fix this issue.

They say it will be ready Monday 2/26/2024 at 11AM PT / 2PM ET.

The Relationship Manager called me back around 5 PM on 2/23 confirming that the fix should be completed on 2/26 in afternoon.  He recommended to wait until 2/27 to import corrected 1099-B MSSB download.

Exact same issue. So is the problem TurboTax import process or the want Morgan Stanley produces the forms? I've been a long time E*Trade customer and have never had this issue come up.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies