Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I have errors on Form 1099-B Worksheet Morgan Stanley Capital Asset Sales worksheet

ETRADE fixed my 1099-B as of today (Sunday Fed 25)

I have errors on Form 1099-B Worksheet Morgan Stanley Capital Asset Sales worksheet

Confirmed – I see the same, 1099-B data now looks correct after import.

Works for me too. Deleted my old Etrade+MS import, and deleted the sales (I had spent time adjusting each transaction too), re-imported, and adjusted all of my transactions again.

Confirmed the Etrade/MS download I just made passes Smart Check.  Worth noting that the new download alone did not fix the error.  I had to delete the original download, and then go through all the adjusted costs again.

I was able to download without any errors.  Need to review to make sure that none of my manual adjustments are lingering.  Thanks to the community for giving a place for people to be frustrated together and identifying the issue.  Best o Fluck getting your taxes filed.   

Mine works too.  I had saved a copy before the debacle.  THANKS!!!!!!

I downloaded the new 1099- B, just for the flawed one.  No problems.   Like a lot of you I had a feeling that they would under promise and over deliver on the fix it date.  Thanks to all of you for your participation.  There is a comfort level with being part of the community.

Even though ETrade screwed up the 1099-b, I give them credit for fixing it so quickly and over the weekend too. Usually not so lucky.

Went through all my forms and TTax seemed to process everything correctly

cawasji
Returning Member

I juts tried to download my E-Trade 1099s and I still have the same issue where N is assigned to every trade. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Did you remove the previously imported 1099-b (or all of the Morgan Stanley old import)? 

cawasji
Returning Member

Hi Mike, Yes I did. E-Trade suggested I reboot my computer and clear caches... Will try that next and hope it works though I have doubts.

im still having the same issues. the etrade 1099 goes in fine but the MS 1099 has errors. I chatted with a etrade rep this morning and he said just to redownload the 1099 and they should work fine. I deleted all the old ones and DL the new ones and still the same problems. Restarted the computer as one of the comments above stated and still nothing. Im beyond annoyed. Any idea guys?

When i log onto my etrade, the 1099 are still dated on 02/07. so they did up date it???

If you still can't get rid of the old 1099 with the N error, you may want to just start a new return from scratch if not too much trouble. As far as I heard, it was fixed for everyone but you never know... 

As stated above, make sure you delete the import from MS/E trade in the step by step section for imported forms.

Then ALSO switch to Forms view and delete the Etrade/Morgan stanley 1099 and sales forms (anything with Morgan Stanley management in the form name) still possibly lingering as these will still be there mostly empty but keeping any manual changes you made to the imported data previously.

Then save and quit, then reopen and reimport.

If you do these steps, then the problem should be gone upon reimport.

Just reimported mine after deleting all previous imports and now everything is fine, originally had 203 errors, whew!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies