turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a depreciation schedule (from previous years) on form 4562 in my 2018 return. What is the best way to enter or download this info into my 2019 Turbotax return?

Would like to do it in the most efficient way.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I have a depreciation schedule (from previous years) on form 4562 in my 2018 return. What is the best way to enter or download this info into my 2019 Turbotax return?

Log in with the same user ID as last year and the prior year info will transfer automatically ...

How to transfer last year’s return? https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900883

Carl
Level 15

If you used the online version of TurboTax for your 2018 taxes, then log in using the same login credentials you used last year. It will be automatically imported for your 2019 tax return if using the online version.

If you used the CD version of Turbotax for your 2018 tax return and are using the CD version for your 2019 taxes, then make sure your .tax2018 file is in the documents\turbotax directory "before" you start your 2019 tax return. You'll have the option to import the data from the 2018 tax file then.

If you did not use TurboTax at all for your 2018 return and all you have is a hard copy printout of the 2018 IRS Form 4562 from your 2018 return, then y ou'll have to enter all of the asset data one keystroke at a time, regardless of what version of TurboTax you are using (online or CD)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies