turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have 2 dependents, am married filing jointly, and have only received $4700 total stimulus. I feel like one dependent is not being counted. Am I missing something?

TurboTax is saying I got the right amount. I made under $130k last year. By my calculation I should have gotten $3400 (2 x $1200 and 2 x $500) and $2400 (4 x $600) = $5800.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

I have 2 dependents, am married filing jointly, and have only received $4700 total stimulus. I feel like one dependent is not being counted. Am I missing something?

Were both of your dependents 16 or younger as of Dec 31, 2020? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes! They are 1 and 4. The one year old was born in Dec. 2019

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It sounds like you did not receive a stimulus payment for one of your children. Since both children were eligible for the stimulus money, you can claim a credit for the remaining $1100. To enter.

1. Log into turbo tax
  2. Click on Federal Review 
  3. Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount>continue
  4. Next screen asks Did you get a stimulus payment? Yes
  5. Then a drop down will appear and this is where you enter the total of your first and second round stimulus payments.
  6. For the first round, you will enter $3000 ($2400 + 600)  The second round $1700 ($1200 + 500)
  7. If you don't receive the $1100 credit, recheck how you entered your dependent information.  Make sure that both children qualify to be dependents. Turbo tax will let you know after the dependent information is entered whether or not they qualify as dependents. Review both of your dependents information thoroughly to make sure they qualify as dependents.

[Edited 02-02-2021|05:59 PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Got it! Somehow one of my kids was listed as only living with us for 1 month. I changed that and everything corrected itself.

Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies