Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I had taxes due for the state of Indiana. I chose to have it paid through Turbo Tax directly from my bank account. A week later it still hasn't come out.

@DaisyJaine 

First the taxes are not paid until you see the payment withdrawn from your bank account.

Next save a PDF of the return and review the filing instruction page to see exactly how you choose to pay your fed/state balance due.  And if you owed on the 2022 return the payment vouchers you see may be for 2023 estimated payments and not the 2022 balance due so read those carefully since they look simular. 

Check the printout or PDF of your return; look for the state cover sheet with the Turbotax logo. If you owed tax, it will show the payment information and how/when you decided to pay. Read the state payment instructions carefully since most states cannot be paid from within the TT system and requires additional steps.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-are-my-options-for-getting-my-state-refund-or-fo...

If you have filed your federal tax return and it has been accepted by the IRS -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2022 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  

Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

I had taxes due for the state of Indiana. I chose to have it paid through Turbo Tax directly from my bank account. A week later it still hasn't come out.

Good morning, 

It would be really nice if we could get a clear answer from the tax professionals. I elected to have my Federal and State taxes direct debited from my bank account on 4/18. Before I could finish filing I was instructed to print a payment voucher for my state taxes. I did this. 

Today is 4/18: My Federal Payment was made overnight, my State Payment WAS NOT. I was told by both TT and IN DOR that this payment would be made electronically.  grrrr

Same situation here... Federal payment was debited overnight, state payment has not been debited. Can we please get confirmation that Indiana taxes WILL be paid??

This is correct.  Today is April 18, 2023 and my Indiana taxes due were successfully withdrawn from my checking account as I'd requested.  I did not need to mail in my paper check.  I think TT has fixed this issue.

What does that mean for those of us whose tax payments haven't been withdrawn?

My TIAAA bank hasn’t posted a deduction for Fed and State yet. It was an APR 18th withdrawal according to TurboTax. The Govt better get it soon, or I’m spending it.

UPDATE: Wednesday morning (4/19/23): withdrawal posted. IN and fed taxes paid. Done and fixed. Woohoo. 

jabster42

So, same question as everyone else.... I selected direct-debit to pay IN state taxes, and also was told to print out the Post Filing Coupon. I did download my return, and I do have a Indiana form IT-8453OL "Declaration of Electronic Filing," which does include my routing and account numbers. Even tho the money has not been withdrawn yet, based on that form, I should be all set, correct?

Turbotax really needs to fix this tho. This is really confusing.

Thanks,

John

Update: My Indiana Taxes were withdrawn from my account overnight!

Confirmed it came out overnight for me, too. Whew! What a rollercoaster....

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

It is not unusual if the payment postings are delayed at the IRS or the state tax departments, even if you post the date in advance when you file. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Not a surprise, but it appears that TurboTax didn't fix this issue for doing your 2023 taxes either.  It allowed me to enter (and re-enter) the banking information for the Indiana state e-filing with a check box to allow for direct deposit.  Then, at the very last step it said I must print one more form and it is of course the payment document for mailing a check in to pay the tax amount due!

I assume Intuit never looks at the conversations in their own forum and fix the errors that people find.  I do hope they draw my funds out for this. 

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Indiana is one of several states that doesn't allow for direct debit payments on the tax return. This is a state issue rather than a TurboTax issue.

See this thread for another discussion of this issue.

The state does accept online payments on their website.

There is a pending charge for the amount I was supposed to pay in Indiana State taxes on my bank app. If the charge goes through, does that mean that I have successfully paid what I needed to?

If the charge fails to process I would assume that I would just proceed to pay on the DOR website or mail the check.

Pretty ridiculous that people pay for this service and you have to jump through hoops like this.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

If the charge goes through, does that mean that I have successfully paid what I needed to? Yes, if the payment is successful, then that is all you need to do and you have paid what you needed to pay

If the charge fails to process I would assume that I would just proceed to pay on the DOR website or mail the check. That is correct.  However, since you see the charge pending, unless there is an issue with insufficient funds, it is not likely that you will need to take any additional steps. 

Indiana Tax Payment 

CindyEng

Same for me today. So frustrating! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies