Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TammySue

I forgot what my 5 digit pin was for last year. Is there a way to retrieve the 5 digit pin or submit the file without getting rejected?

Awesome! Thanks!

I'm glad you clarified.  There are some giving the advice that you only need one or the other.... Which is not true as you stated - you need both AGI and pin.

I forgot what my 5 digit pin was for last year. Is there a way to retrieve the 5 digit pin or submit the file without getting rejected?

If you need both, then that is an unnecessary TurboTax restriction,

With other tax software. as permitted by IRS,  EITHER AGI alone, or PIN alone  is sufficient, if the PIN is the PIN selected in the prior year.

In order for that PIN to be valid, the prior year return must have been e-Filed and ACCEPTED.

With other tax software, you can choose a new self-select PIN each year.

@TammySue 

donmaclay

Look at last year's copy of the info sheet called Personal Wks (YourName).  Go to View, Forms to look at this sheet using last year's version of Turbo Tax.

The magic answer is OR.  You can enter EITHER your Adjusted Gross Income OR your PIN.  TurboTax doesn’t make that clear here OR in the e-filing instructions. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies