Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I fill in the information exactly as it is on my 1095-A, but TurboTax won't let me continue.

I only had coverage for one month and I did not use my $154 premium tax credit.  The Monthly Premium Amount of Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan was 0 on the 1095-A, but I looked up what it is and filled it in on TurboTax. The Monthly Advance Payment of Premium Tax Credit is also zero and TurboTax will not accept a blank box or a zero.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

I fill in the information exactly as it is on my 1095-A, but TurboTax won't let me continue.

If there are any boxes with zero, please leave those blank in TurboTax.   If you have entered a 0, please backspace over it and be sure there are no number, decimal points or characters in those fields.  If most of the lines across are the same, you can use the blue copy previous month button to enter it again.

If the Second Lowest Cost Silver Plan (SLCSP) is zero in column B of your 1095-A, please look it up at one of the links below, so TurboTax can accurately calculate your Premium Tax Credit (PTC).

https://www.healthcare.gov/tax-tool/

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace-in-your-state/

If the total in column B, row 33 of your 1095-A was zero, it's because either, you qualified for a tax credit discount and chose not to get it in advance or you didn't qualify for a tax credit discount when you enrolled. (but that could be different by the end of the year)

If it is just Column C with zeros, please enter.01 for each month and it will round to zero, but should accept the entry. 

If that does not resolve and you have uploaded the form, please try deleting it and entering it manually.

Here are the directions to delete a form from your return in the online versions of TurboTax.  This will delete the form and the entries.  If it rebuilds, sometimes there is another form recreating it and both have to be deleted to clear that information.

·         To delete a Form go the far left, in the black vertical menu

·         Click on Tax Tools

·         Click on Tools

·         Under Other helpful links, click on Delete a form

·         Scroll down to form 8962 and click on Delete

·         Click on the blue Delete Selected Form

·         At bottom Continue

·         Then the same for Healthcare Entry Sheet

·         At bottom Continue with my Return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

This needs to be easier to find. I talked to like 3 turbotax reps and none of them caught this. the slcsp column was all zeros. Filling them in with the correct numbers will save me thousand of dollars.

Having trouble filing

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

What is the issue with your 1095-A?

chao0602

Yes, I had the same problem with the Turbox Tax Desktop Version.
Will there a timeline when this will be fixed? 

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@chao0602 Enter your 1095-A exactly as shown.  Don't enter $0; if a field is blank, leave it blank.

Click this link for more info on How to Enter 1095-A

dingbat6

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.18.47 AM.pngYour support tells me not to enter a zero, but the form makes me. When I do enter a zero, I am blocked on submitting my California tax return on the complete check portion. I get "Form 1095-A - Insurance Exchange (00401P599847262): Monthly Premium SLCSP has a zero entered. The corresponding entries for this month are zero or blank, please delete this zero."

When I try to delete the zero, it does not update the form and still doesn't allow me to submit my taxes

I am unable to submit my taxes because of this. This is a bug in your software that needs attention.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support.  Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@dingbat6

pejbx111

I have a program update suggestion.  My  Form1095-A had Column B blank for the whole year.  Turbotax should warn the user that it is uncommon that Column B is blank.  In the beginning of the year I thought I would make more money than I actually did.  During the year I paid the full healthcare premiums each month, but my income dropped by almost half during the year.  Turbotax did not warn me about not entering the SLCSP amounts in column B.  After I filed my return I learned that I should have entered amounts in Column B. I filed an amended return and I went from owing $133 to getting a return of $4,950.  

It would be good if Turbotax questions the user when column B is blank as this could be a mistake on the users part.  It may make sense  for the user to enter this amount in column B even if one thinks they don't qualify for a refund for their healthcare premiums.  It would be even better if Turbotax entered these values for the user.

PJ

Blank is outlined in blue with a blue blob! It won't let me fill in blanks!

TeresaM
Expert Alumni

If you are using Turbo Tax Online, the most likely reason for buttons that don't work or not being able to enter information is that something in the web browser is not displaying the page properly.  The easiest way around this is to simply use a different web browser.  You can select from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and more.   If you need to install another browser, be sure to go to the trusted home site for the software, for security reasons. Or you can clear the cache and cookies in your current browser.  Click this link for a TurboTax Help Article Clear cache and cookies

If you have imported the 1095-A, it might not have come through correctly, so please try deleting it and either importing again or entering manually.

If you are using the Turbo Tax Phone App, then try opening Turbo Tax in the browser window on your phone.  It will use the same login information but may display the page better.

Note: When you enter the 1095A, enter the months you have on your form and any months with zeros on your form, leave those blank in Turbo Tax. 

I am experiencing this issue in the app. Clearing cookies did not resolve. I was sooo close to getting this filed, now I can't go any further. 

Superfluous double post.

This is still happening in 2022.  Their "smart check" or whatever keeps kicking back the 1095-a saying that it can't have zeroes or blanks.  Well I'm looking at the **** form right here and column B and C all have a value of "0.00" all the way down.

As usual Intuit has just pushed a bug-ridden piece of **** out the door as fast as they can to squeeze every dollar possible out of the public.  Millions of Americans are going to get a 1095-a and a lot of them probably have a value of "0" for one of those columns.  This seems like an extremely obvious thing to have to account for.  This is the third straight year I've had one problem or another with this garbage on this extremely common form on my extremely simple tax return with two W2s and one 1095-A.

Oh well, either they'll fix it or they won't.  Maybe if you pay for their super duper ultra deluxe version with full audit support for the low low price of $70 you can file your return correctly.  Thank God my spouse got health insurance through her employer this year so hopefully we won't have to deal with this **** again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies