Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed on the free app as I knew was not getting much back and I was charged over $100 to get back $1 not right at all

they made me think I was getting more back and said I had to pay so much and I did and dang am on limited income and got screwed
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filed on the free app as I knew was not getting much back and I was charged over $100 to get back $1 not right at all

Amount of your refund (if any) is irrelevant to services required to prepare your return. Appears you're using 'self-employed' version - not free from any service I know of. Try IRS.gov 'free file' to see if you can do better.

Did you not realize it was not free when you were about to be charged?

The truly free filing is found through the IRS website at https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free.

no I did not as it was free last time, I also thought I was getting a refund which was more than $1 so I went ahead and paid, one burnt twice shy, It filed free last time.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies