Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zackn13

I entered all of my 2018 tax information but did not submit it. Is their anyways I can still submit my 2018 tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I entered all of my 2018 tax information but did not submit it. Is their anyways I can still submit my 2018 tax return?

The TurboTax online editions are Only for tax year 2019.

To complete and file a 2018 tax return using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2018 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A 2018 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Yes you can-- however you can not file electronically.  You will have to finish your returns (2018), and then file them by regular mail. You can get the proper address to send them physically to from irs.gov under where to file my return. I would suggest that you include (at the back of the return) a separate statement for the reason you are filing late. If you did not owe any taxes last year this should not be a problem-- if you did you may incur interest and penalties; if this is the case go ahead and file your return, the Internal Revenue Service will advise you (in writing) of any taxes and penalties.

...also, get return receipt for proof of filing...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies