turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hpersin1

I don’t understand how to get the recovery rebate credit from the 1st stimulus check. I didnt receive the check, I’m supposed to receive a credit, how do I file to get it

Is there a specific form that I file?
 I received the second check but not the first.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
HB88
Level 5

I don’t understand how to get the recovery rebate credit from the 1st stimulus check. I didnt receive the check, I’m supposed to receive a credit, how do I file to get it

For the first check it is in the Federal section Other. But the second check I don't see where it is and that is my question

There are 2 boxes on the Recovery rebate credit screen.  If you did not get one of them enter a 0 zero.

The Stimulus Checks are really based on your 2020 return we are filing in 2021.  So any amount you already got will be reconciled on your 2020 return line 30.  If you didn't get a Stimulus Check (and qualify) or you qualify for more it will be added to your 2020 return.  But the good news is if they paid you too much they won't take it back.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any.  Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus."

After you have entered your tax information and are ready for the Federal Review, it will be the first question.

If you are trying to trigger it, you can go to Other Situations, answer any questions and click Done. The next automatic selection is Federal Review and it will ask about payments received.

The Recovery rebate credit is on 1040 line 30.  It either adds to your refund or reduced a tax due.

Before filing,  You can preview the 1040 or print the whole return

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-f...

HB88
Level 5

That did not answer my question. Please stop Copy & Paste from other threads.

I asked about the Second Recovery Rebate Credit not the first. As I already stated the first one comes up in the Federal return but the second Recovery Rebate Credit does not show up anywhere

So instead of copy and paste answer the question or don't bother spamming!!!

Don't you get the screen with 2 boxes to enter the amounts you got?  If you didn't get the second check enter a zero in the box,  don't leave it blank.  Did you read my whole post?  Are you using the Desktop program or the Online version?

See this post with online screenshots

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/filed-as-an-independent-and-single-but-haven-t-re...

Or what exactly is your question?  

Just to wrap this one up.  I see you got it resolved in your other question.  Sounds like you are using the Desktop program and needed to update it.  Sorry I missed asking you if you had the Desktop program and to check for updates.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies