Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

73101tab

I didn't efile I chose to mail but as I was printing my return I noticed my social security number is wrong. How do I change it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

I didn't efile I chose to mail but as I was printing my return I noticed my social security number is wrong. How do I change it?

If you have not mailed your forms, you can indeed to back and make changes to the original return and not have to wait to amend. Please go back to TurboTax and click that you need to either amend your return or to add a stateYou do not actually need to complete either of those, but if you select one it will open your return back up for editing.  Go to the left menu and click on the Federal or State and this will open the federal return so you may add your information and then proceed back to the File tab.

This is entered in the My Info section, on the left menu. You can click on the blue pencil to edit a section and please be sure to Continue at the bottom until that section is complete and the changes are saved.

If it is not printing the updates, the Print Center has the most current version of the return.

After you make changes to your tax return, the "Download/print pdf" on your Tax Home page does not update right away. Printing directly from the Print Center will give you the most up-to-date copy of your return including any changes you have made. You can also select to download or view all forms and worksheets, so you have a pdf copy of your full return.

If your return is still active, you can click on Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.

If your return thinks you have already filed, this TurboTax FAQ has directions to open the Print Center.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6454241

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

If you have not mailed your forms, you can indeed to back and make changes to the original return and not have to wait to amend. Please go back to TurboTax and click that you need to either amend your return or to add a stateYou do not actually need to complete either of those, but if you select one it will open your return back up for editing.  Go to the left menu and click on the Federal or State and this will open the federal return so you may add your information and then proceed back to the File tab.

This is entered in the My Info section, on the left menu. You can click on the blue pencil to edit a section and please be sure to Continue at the bottom until that section is complete and the changes are saved.

If it is not printing the updates, the Print Center has the most current version of the return.

After you make changes to your tax return, the "Download/print pdf" on your Tax Home page does not update right away. Printing directly from the Print Center will give you the most up-to-date copy of your return including any changes you have made. You can also select to download or view all forms and worksheets, so you have a pdf copy of your full return.

If your return is still active, you can click on Tax Tools on the left, and then Print Center.

If your return thinks you have already filed, this TurboTax FAQ has directions to open the Print Center.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6454241

Edgar_AP

I see this answer was written in 2019, which I assume was the product used for the 2018 tax return. Does this still apply to returns that are being filed for 2019 tax return. I am trying to follow these directions, but my impression is that this workflow is going to force me to file an amended return, which like the other person I do not want to do. I just had one update I needed to make when I printed out my tax return. I missed a 1099-R.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You will want to add a state so you can get back into your return.  You are not really adding a state, it is just a means to get back into your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies