turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I did not submit my 1095A form on my tax return 2019. I already submitted it. Is it required by the IRS to have completed the 1095 A form? Turbo tax did not ask any questions about my health coverage

Its been 6 weeks since I faxed my 1095A and 8962 Forms. When should I expect my refund?

cgunn22
Returning Member

I did not submit my 1095A form on my tax return 2019. I already submitted it. Is it required by the IRS to have completed the 1095 A form? Turbo tax did not ask any questions about my health coverage

I’m in the same boat. I filed feb 2. Smh

Did you ever get your refund?  I'm having the same issue!  I mailed out the form about 6 weeks ago and now I have no idea when I should expect the refund.  And of course, with everything going on, it's impossible to talk to anyone if I try and call. 

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

The IRS has temporarily suspended the manual processing of paper returns and forms while they process stimulus payments. They are also not accepting phone calls at this time. Due to stimulus processing, the IRS has halted these services. You will have to be patient and wait for the IRS to reopen all operations and get caught up.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the update!  Not ideal, but at least I know what's going on now!

ceewoo

Let say I forgot to put my 1095-A on my filed taxes. If I upload the file now, as a correction to my e-filling, will the IRS get my 1095-A form? Or do I have to fax/mail it to the IRS?

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

@ceewoo

Please read this TurboTax answer which addresses your question.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Curious if anyone with this problem has received their return yet?  I filed Feb 1st and was accepted, two weeks later received notice in mail from IRS requiring missing form.  I sent in what was required, although it changed my return amount, (I'm now owed more).  It has been over 17 weeks since I mailed missing form, but no return yet...  IRS website says return is "processing".  I'm now at over 5 months since I initially filed, and still have yet to receive any additional information regarding what is going on.  Used TurboTax for years and never had a problem like this.  I'm pretty disgusted and would like to know if anyone has had this problem resolved???

I'm in the same boat.  It's not a Turbo Tax issue, it's because the IRS put all paper transactions on hold to get the stimulus checks out and because staff weren't all working in the office with social distancing recommendations.  Even though you filed electronically, once you physically mailed in the required papers, it became part of the "paper transactions."  I'm not sure where the IRS is in getting through everything because they're not giving updates or taking calls.  But I also mailed in a form that they asked for back in February with the same "processing" message.  Good luck! I hope things start moving along!  If you hear anything else, please post here.  I keep checking to see if anyone has updates.

Update!!!  Still haven't received my refund, but the "processing" status has changed.  It now says refund approved, and that it's coming...  Check the IRS status page, mine took over 6 months to get approved.

I ended up actually being able to talk to someone at the IRS yesterday!  She said after reopening, the IRS is now considering 8/1 to be "day 1" of the the 6-8 week time frame they give for processing.  So I guess I could potentially be waiting until October 1st... hopefully not... but that's the newest update anyway. 

I submitted my updated tax return by mail immediately upon receiving that letter from the IRS back in February. Last Tuesday I finally got my refund, plus interest. The letter explaining the difference arrived in the mail this morning.

New to this forum. I'm glad I found this thread. I electronically filed in mid-March using Turbo Tax Home & Business. We are self-employed and did step through the insurance section and were able to enter our 1095A information. However, TT doesn't prompt you or explain the 'required papers' the IRS needs to process your return, which is infuriating. Why can't the IRS requirement to submit physical copies of the 1095s be added to the instructions you receive at the end?! Because I didn't know that I needed to mail in the 1095 forms even though everything else was submitted electronically, my return is now sitting in the IRS Errors Department, which hasn't reopened as of 10/26/20.  In addition to not receiving our refund, because the 2019 return hasn't been processed and our income updated, our stimulus check was about half of what we are eligible for.  This would seem like an easy fix for TT?! It's ridiculous that they can't fix this issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

the IRS does not want 1095A. the info from entering data from that form transfers to form 8962.  that's important because your deduction for SE health Insurance is based on the recalculation of the premiums and related tax credits you should have received that's isn't on form 1095A but can only be computed on form 8962.     For example: say your net payments were $12,000 but the computation on 8962 says you're entitled to an additional $500 credit, then your deduction for SE health insurance would be $11,500.  the 8962 also requires certain info that is not on the 1095A. for example, the number of household members and the adjusted gross income for dependents.  this info is not on the 1095A. 

Well, all I can tell you is that the form 8962 was electronically filed with my return, but the IRS said that I had to submit our 1095A/Bs, which had to be mailed in. I mailed them directly to the IRS, and once I'd engaged the IRS taxpayer advocate, I had to fax them to her, too. I use an online fax service and just pulled up my fax submissions to her to confirm that I wasn't remembering incorrectly, and sure enough. I actually got through to the IRS in perhaps June or July when they started taking calls again and they said my 8962 wasn't filed. When I protested that they had been transmitted, the agent said he did see it, but they now needed the 1095's. If this is something weird with just my filing, I'll live with that I suppose. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies