turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bill57
Returning Member

I clicked on 199a.. now i cant get it off my taxes and turbo tax will not help with it at all

turbo tax will not allow me to finish up.. keeps kicking me back to the just a few little things to first...but first is i dont need or want this199a thing
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

I clicked on 199a.. now i cant get it off my taxes and turbo tax will not help with it at all

It is possible you are receiving dividends from a REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust), which qualifies for a Section 199A deduction. This does not mean you had Qualified Business Income (QBI), but you could qualify for the deduction. REIT dividends are reported on a Schedule K-1 or in box 5 of the 1099-DIV. The import from your mutual funds may have reported these transactions. 

f you have several QBI Components (from Sched C or E) and are having trouble with the program bringing up unwanted schedules for Form 8995-A, try deleting the QBI Component Worksheet.  The program will generate new Component Worksheets for EACH component.  All schedules related to Form 8995-A will go away.

1. Under Tax Tools, choose Tools
  2. Choose Delete a Form
  3. Scroll through your return until you find QBI Component Worksheet, click Delete to the right of the form
  4. Confirm that you wish to delete the form

Qualified Business Income Deduction

What is the QBI Deduction?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies