Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

phishmn1

I can't import from Ameriprise. I've typed in the Package ID & Document ID EXACTLY as printed, All caps, just like on the form. Even copied & pasted. Always fails

This is horrible. They need a solution. I've spent hours trying to get the import working. Now I'm about to spend more hours hand keying in the info. How is that a good solution for a major financial institution that should be easily integrated. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

I can't import from Ameriprise. I've typed in the Package ID & Document ID EXACTLY as printed, All caps, just like on the form. Even copied & pasted. Always fails

If you are having issues connecting to import the activity, be sure to check that you have an app password for TurboTax at Ameriprise.

Click the links for more information:

How do I import my 1099?

How do I get my TurboTax affiliate partner discount?

@phismn1

I just tried importing in Ameriprise tax information into Turbo Tax deluxe 2022 and it still isn't accepting the Ameriprise document ID number.  Is there any fix in the works?

The Document ID number IS Case sensitive.

Ameriprise tech support helped me with it and told me the letters needed to be all upper case and it worked.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Glad you were able to get the information added.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jeromy6979
Returning Member

You probably had to pay extra to upgrade to add the form. Not import. 

I had a nasty call last week with my Ameriprise broker about this.  Told him that if I get another document ID with 0's that look like 0's (or is it the reverse?), I was closing my accounts. It's just stupid.

I also pointed out that Turbo Tax masks document ID's with *'s, and does not provide a Reveal Character button.  He claimed it was TurboTax that requires that, so I pointed out that TT does not mask doc ID's of Baird and other firms.  But, if a TurboTax rep is monitoring this thread, can you please give us a button that will allow us to read what we've entered? When trying to figure out why we can't download & import our brokerage info, it would be more than helpful to be able to quickly confirm that we've typed things correctly.  

Herself
Returning Member

Well done, but that shouldn't be necessary!

I had the same problem with Edward Jones.  I was using the CHROME browser.  Nobody from EJ or Intuit knew the answer which was to use the EDGE (Microsoft) browser.  I frequently can't login to my PNC bank account using Chrome so I switch to Edge for that purpose.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies