turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I calculated my state tax refund as 226 dollars but in tax home page I see 0 dollars refund. Is there any problem? It was 226 dollar previous page.

VA state tax refund seems 0 dollars
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I calculated my state tax refund as 226 dollars but in tax home page I see 0 dollars refund. Is there any problem? It was 226 dollar previous page.

Yes, you may have started an amended state return, or applied your refund to 2024. 

First, if you have e-filed the return already, and it was accepted, you need to wait until your original return is fully processed that means waiting until you get your refund, or at least 21 days. 

If it has been that long, or you haven't e-filed it yet, you can go back in and check. 

Here's how to do that:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account.
  2. Select State taxes, then Your State Returns.
  3. Select Review or Edit to the right of your state.
  4. Continue until you get to Your 2023 (name) taxes are ready for us to check.
  5. Select Edit to the right of Other situations.
  6. On the screen A few things before we wrap up your state taxes, select Apply Overpayment.
  7. On the next screen make sure it says Apply None.
  8. Select Start to the right of Amend a Previous (name) Return.
  9. Answer the question No. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can see my refund in my documents as $226. I also amended my documents, I changed a few things but in Tax Home page it still shows my State VA $0due. I did not understand. My amended documents says to me there is no change for federal and VA state refund. My first documents are correct amount. But in Home page of TurboTax I see on State VA $0due refund. Can you help me please? 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

Did you amend your return, or not?

Did you actually e-file or mail in an amended return?

You say there's no change, so why did you amend, if your did?

I see Ready to Mail on my documents in my tax home page of Turbotax, but in my friend it seems pending after did all process like me. I want to get information about this situation. 

Secondly, for my VA state tax seems $0 refund, but in my VA state taxes documents it’s wroten $226 withholding. I confused for it.

After your reply, I amended my documents to correct everything and I changed some informations. Then its wroten ‘Your Virginia state amended tax return shows no balance due or refund amount.’. 

Thirdly, I used send by mail. No e-filed. It was second options. I amended my return to make sure after your reply.

I hope you will help me because I really need your help. Thank you.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

If you still are not able to solve this, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies