Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am using TurboTax, and every time I load the software it asks to update it. Is the software transmitting my data secretly? Why an App would update software everyday?

This has happened practically every year I use TT.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I am using TurboTax, and every time I load the software it asks to update it. Is the software transmitting my data secretly? Why an App would update software everyday?

Updates are only put out about once a week on Thursdays.  How are you launching the program?  On Windows or Mac?  Maybe you are clicking on the wrong icon or file.  Or the update isn't installing or finishing right.  

Troubleshooting update issues on Windows

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/troubleshoot-turbotax-for-windows-updating-is...

If your program says it's up to date or you can't update it then do the Manual Update.  This has also fixed the State forms not available problem for some users.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

I installed (just like I have done for years) TT 2020 on my Windows 10 PC.

I double click on the desktop icon placed there by this app.  OK maybe not everyday, but too many times tells me it has an update, and I click to update. This happens on a regular basis.

I installed it 3rd week of January, and since then it asks to update every time I load the app.

I have update history going back to 1/31/2021, and it continues. I am not comfortable to file with an app that

never stops updating.

1-Capture.JPG 

Frequent updates are common in tax programs.  Especially this year.  The IRS is changing things almost every day now.  With the Stimulus payments and unemployment.  And as bugs crop up.  The IRS doesn't even know how they are going to implement things and how to address different situations.  

OK, thanks for replying.

Do you suggest to wait at least until May 10th to file? Or should I just do it now, and not worry about updates?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@aalysmm-yahoo-co That would be up to you if you would like to file now or choose to wait. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

another bogus answer from intuit...probably due to an error the updates keep being reapplied, no way this is legit, my 2023 turbotax deluxe updates every day......stupid

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies