turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am unable to e-file. I get the following message: "Your transmission didn't go through: - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be 10 digits."

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

I am unable to e-file. I get the following message: "Your transmission didn't go through: - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be 10 digits."

There seems to be an issue with e-filing when there is not a US phone number listed in your Intuit Online account.   When you are signed into your account, click on Intuit Account in the bottom left corner.    The error is not from the phone number on your tax return but rather the phone number attached to your Intuit (TurboTax) account.  

Change your phone number to a US number in the Intuit Account of Turbo Tax.   No need to verify this number in the Intuit Account just click exit when you are done. Then go back to your return and continue filing.   Don't use a Google Voice number, a Skype number, or any other non-US or non-verifiable phone number.  Again, you don't have to verify the number but the number needs to be verifiable.  

You may be able to leave the phone number field blank on your Intuit account and e-file your return.  No matter which option you use, make sure to update your account with your correct phone number once your return is e-filed.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hubiegirl

I am also unable to send my file.  I have done everything you said below.  But it will still not send.

My US number isn't active and that needs to go on the federal tax return. I understand the part with the Intuit account phone number but how do I tackle the number to be printed on the federal tax return?

takobuck

I still can not process my e-file.. I changed to a valid us mobile phone number. What next to do.  Yes I do live overseas in the Philippines...

This doesn't work.  Same error with a US phone number listed.

MEB68

I entered a US number on my account. It said the number was verified, but it still won’t go through. Is there a way to reach an actual person for help with getting this resolved?

I was dealing with this just now (filing from the Czech Republic, but using a family US #). Ended up trying turning on my windscribe VPN locating it in Los Angeles, re-logged in, and it went through first try. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies