turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wacannon

I am trying to purchase Turbo Tax Plus but, when I go in to "Upgrade", it is light gray and does not give me the option.to upgrade for $19.99. What does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I am trying to purchase Turbo Tax Plus but, when I go in to "Upgrade", it is light gray and does not give me the option.to upgrade for $19.99. What does this mean?

As I mentioned in an email notice you may have received, I've edited my response, so please ignore the instructions on paying for PLUS in the first email if you were emailed a response.

Right after I sent it, I noticed you are using Online Deluxe.  That's why PLUS is grayed out.   In fact, Deluxe Edition should be grayed out, too.  i.e., you are in a higher edition than PLUS.   If you try to pay now, it will charge you 59.99 for Deluxe, and possibly 44.99 for a state return, if applicable.

I need to ask you a bunch of questions, then I'll tell you how to resolve that.

• Why are you trying to upgrade to PLUS--are you trying to unlock prior year returns in the same account?  i.e., did you get a message that you have to upgrade and pay to unlock them?
  • What is the story on your 2018 return?   Have you already filed a 2018 return?
  • If you have already filed a 2018 return, did you try to upgrade after filing, and upgraded too far to Deluxe Edition?    Or did you use Deluxe Edition to prepare your 2018 return?
  • Or have you not yet filed, and the 2018 return is still in preparation?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies