Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I am trying to pay by credit card will not accept

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance with this issue. To get you to the right person, use the keywords billing issues​​​​​​.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@debzab

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Or be smart, and do not trust your Finances to a company that allows issues such as this to exist for YEARS.  I've moved on, and so should you.  Pretty sad when the ONLY way, that seems to work based on the Messages I have seen, to get it to work is to put in "FAKE" Billing Information (which from a Security standpoint SHOULD NOT WORK, so I am really shocked that the CC Companies let it go through that way).  In any case, there are to many other Tax and Finance Software available, THAT JUST WORK the way they should, to keep fighting this CRAP from Intuit.

Have a great one, and Stay Safe

BS**&^

Are you insane? The robot that answers your phone is ZERO help!

This problem surfaced since 3/27/22 with my son trying to file and locked out for 3 days. (My return went right thru on TT) Since then he keeps trying. Funny thing, intuit experts keep saying they’ve never encountered problem. 

On the phone for over 1 hour with expert today (4/4/22) and she hasn’t a clue. Did all requisite browser clearing, different browsers, different computers, iPhones, iPads and credit cards. Even opened a different account. Still won’t accept payment. 
Expert today gave him f20% coupon for the inconvenience which saved my son $44. But it still won’t accept his payment. 

@bowmanjeff @sbmull @Rascle @MichelleLO #
But no solution. 

Nothing you mentioned worked. 

This problem surfaced since 3/27/22 with my son trying to file and locked out for 3 days. (My return went right thru on TT) Since then he keeps trying. Funny thing, intuit experts keep saying they’ve never encountered problem. 

On the phone for over 1 hour with expert today (4/4/22) and she hasn’t a clue. Did all requisite browser clearing, different browsers, different computers, iPhones, iPads and credit cards. Even opened a different account. Still won’t accept payment. 
Expert today gave him f20% coupon for the inconvenience which saved my son $44. But it still won’t accept his payment. 

@debzab 

Expert today gave him f20% coupon for the inconvenience which saved my son $44. But it still won’t accept his payment. @MichelleLO 

On the phone for over 1 hour with expert today (4/4/22) and she hasn’t a clue. Did all requisite browser clearing, different browsers, different computers, iPhones, iPads and credit cards. Even opened a different account. Still won’t accept payment. Called to pay on phone. 

It’s as if a bot answered the question. 

I know This problem has been around since I tried to file my 2019 state return in 2020. The system tries to validate the cc # entered to the name/address on Intuit records and if it doesn’t match, the credit card is rejected without trying to authorize with the credit card issuer. It is a stupid and illogical validation technique because you have no way to determine what is in Intuits records, and they may even have multiple versions of your info hidden in their archives. Last year I was able to get a live human to handle my transaction by phone. This year it was impossible to reach a human, so I  gave up after 4 days and mailed my state return on paper. I’m dropping TT after 25 years. It is inexcusable that a big company cannot correct a minor program bug in 3 years, not to mention the massive amount of filing fee revenue they have missed because of a  bug that would be really cheap to fix. Good luck.

SOLUTION:

Use a different person’s credit card. 
Make sure addresses on that card is used for billing address. 
it went through! 4/4/22

BS.Turbo Tax has had this ‘known problem’ since 2019. No one believes you are trying to correct it. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

I am happy to hear you were able to get this resolved. 

Please let us know if we can assist you further. @Prosper54

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies