turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tgcaesar

I am trying to import my 1099-b directly from my bank (SoFi), but turbo tax cannot find SoFi when i type it in. And I am unable to input the info manually. Help?

I sold stock in the current year so I am trying to fill out that section of the return.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I am trying to import my 1099-b directly from my bank (SoFi), but turbo tax cannot find SoFi when i type it in. And I am unable to input the info manually. Help?

Sofi is not one of TurboTax import partners, unfortunately.  You can manually enter your Form 1099-B by following these steps:

In TurboTax online,

• At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in 1099b and Enter 
  • Select Jump to 1099b
  • Follow prompts
  • On-screen, "Let's import your tax info, select I'll type it myself
  • Follow prompts to continue

A Form 1099-B is issued to report the proceeds from your stocks and bonds transactions.  The transactions will generate either a long term or short term capital gain or loss depends on how long the stocks are being held.  The amount will be reported on line 7 of your Form 1040 along with a Schedule D and Form 8949.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
taxfiller1
Returning Member

i typed myself and uploaded the document. it is not allowing me to proceed.  i spent two hours on call as well, they are unable to find what it is failing in review. 

looks like  - i will type it myself has issues as well

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@taxfiller1

If you are uploading SoFi, please reference the information above by LinaJ2020.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

As an active investor, be aware that your category Box A or Box D sales without adjustments do not require Form 8949, so there is no reason to import or key in those transactions.
Instead use the "enter a summary" option to put your numbers on Schedule D Line 1a or Line 8a.

If you have wash sales, it gets more complicated since those adjusted transactions have to be itemized on Form 8949 and the summary totals adjusted accordingly.

Enter the wash sales on Form 8949, then use the subtotal results on the bottom of that form (Line 2) to know how much to subtract which gives you the Schedule D line 1a totals. Be sure to NOT check the adjustments box in the summary window.

Alternatively, if entry of Wash Sales is too tedious,
summarize and check the box for adjustments and enter the disallowed amount.
This summary will go on Schedule D Line 1b.
You will be making the mail-in election.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies