Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to download my 1099s from BNY Mellon and it is not working. I suspect that my branch (BNY Mellon Investment Management) is not an option. anyone else?

I tried my login with the options that are available )Pershing, Wealth Management, etc.  None worked.  Same problem last year.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

I am trying to download my 1099s from BNY Mellon and it is not working. I suspect that my branch (BNY Mellon Investment Management) is not an option. anyone else?

Please review the Turbo Tax approved Import Partner List.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same again in 2024.  Options from Intuit TurboTx Premier are

• BNY Mellon Brokerage Services
  • BNY Mellon Cash Management Access Account (CMAA)
  • BNY Mellon Wealth Management
  • BNY MELLON | PERSHING

After the bogus security nonsense of Captcha images, my account isn't found.  However, I CAN LOGIN TO MY ACCOUNT at https://my.accessportals.com/app/drf/login (formerly Dreyfus). 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Start by checking if your financial institution or brokerage is a TurboTax 1099 partner (opens new page; scroll down and select the 1099/1098 Partners tab). If your institution isn't on the list, you won't be able to import.

Verify your partner:

Make sure you're selecting the correct partner in TurboTax. Some have similar-sounding names but are actually separate entities. For example, J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, J.P. Morgan Funds, J.P. Morgan Private Bank, and J.P. Morgan Securities are all listed as TurboTax partners, and if you choose the wrong J.P. Morgan, you won't be able to import. Also, some entities may use a different name for investments. Be sure to check with your institution to determine what company their investments are being held under.

Once you've confirmed that your institution is a TurboTax 1099 partner, make sure you're using the proper sign in credentials on the import page, and that you have a working internet connection. A wired connection, if available, may be more stable than wireless.

Finally, make sure your forms are available to import into TurboTax. Frequently, the forms will be available to view on the brokerage side, but are not enabled for import yet.

Check your transactions:

It’s important to also make sure your transactions don’t exceed the limits TurboTax is equipped to handle:

• Both TurboTax Online and TurboTax Desktop can support up to 10,000 of any combination of transactions and imports.
  • TurboTax Online can support up to 4,000 non-covered transactions (items such as options or cryptocurrency that aren't reported to the IRS).
  • The import file size is limited to 4MB.

If your transaction numbers approach these limits, it could cause the system to lag or time out. If this happens, you may need to clear your return and start over. Then try entering the sales section totals into TurboTax, rather than entering individual sales. If you still encounter issues, you may need to switch to TurboTax Desktop to continue your return.

Troubleshooting

Still having trouble? Bear in mind that even if you have the hard copy of your 1099-B in hand, your institution might not have it ready for import until late February or early March, sometimes even later. We'll display your institution's "ready for import" date in TurboTax. 

Finally, if you're still not able to import your 1099, you can always enter it manually. Select Type it in myself and proceed.

Related Information:

@stevengelfond 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies