turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ClemIA
Returning Member

I am a trustee on my brother's trust. So, all his accounts are listed in my Fidelity account. How can I stop those tax forms from being imported into TT?

Specifically, all the 1099s come in and I have to delete them carefully because there is no easy way to see which are mine and which are the trust's.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am a trustee on my brother's trust. So, all his accounts are listed in my Fidelity account. How can I stop those tax forms from being imported into TT?

contact fidelity.  it may just be a matter have having your brother's SSN on his trust account. On the other hand if it is a non-grantor trust account form 1041 needs to be filed each year and the trust should have an EIN. 

ClemIA
Returning Member

Thanks. I have talked with Fidelity. They insist that because my SSN is on the trust as a trustee, they cannot keep these accounts off my list. Just hoping either Fid or TT can come up with a solution. It can't be rocket science. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies