turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chomann

How to mark an worksheet as un-estimated?

I have an error stating.  "Medical Expenses Worksheet: Hdeduc is marked as estimated.  Enter the correct number then select "Unmark Estimated" from the Edit menu. Most entries are "0" and each entry when you right click on it only gives you an option to Mark it as an estimate.  As workaround I have been going to each supporting document and entering a zero.  But this does not work for 11.a.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

With the Worksheet up on the screen, go to Edit in the top menu next to File and then select Unmark Estimated.  Anything on the worksheet should change to unmarked as estimated

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Anita01

With the Worksheet up on the screen, go to Edit in the top menu next to File and then select Unmark Estimated.  Anything on the worksheet should change to unmarked as estimated

I've worked on this for hours, and 3 more hours with Intuit support. Their best suggestion was "start over with the on-line version". After being a Turbotax customer for several decades, I'd rather switch to a different tax prep than use on-line.

None of the fields in the 1099-r entry form have this field name, none of them are marked estimated (we checked one by one) and the suggestion to bring up the entry form, go to edit and then select
"Unmark Estimated" can't be done because the edit pulldown has no such choice.

All I need to do is get by the incorrect error check and file my taxes. Any great ideas before I give up and throw Turbotax in the trash?

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@avanabs Is this imported? If so, Remove the import and enter manually. See if that fixes the issue. 

Also, you mentioned that "unmark estimate" doesn't come up under edit. Try going to edit under Forms and see if it comes up that way. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Manually entered, four separate times, including with various TurboTax support folks watching.

We checked for Unmark Estimated in every possible place. Nor does the form highlight any fields not the error report in Forms show anything.

Thanks for the suggestions though. So far I've spent several hours debugging, including complete TurboTax re-install, three hours with support yesterday, another hour and a half with support today, and all they can suggest is giving up e-filing and print (which allows you proceed even if errors...unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to proceed with e-filing.)

I have the same problem.  There is NO option to "Mark as Unestimated" for this line on the worksheet.  

This does not work.  When I go to EDIT menu, there is only an option to 'Mark as Estimated' .  When this (or F8) is selected, the entry turns from dark blue type font to red italic.  At that point "Mark as Unestimated" is an option.  Pressing that, the line entry returns to dark blue... but attempting to file return delivers same error statement.  And "Mark as Unestimated" is not an option.... 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If the above instructions are not working, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My work-around for this:  I went into FORMS and found the Worksheet and DELETED the entire Worksheet.  There was nothing of value on it anyway... there weren't enough Medical Expenses to matter.   The error no longer occurred when I attempted to file.  I filed Fed and State.  Keeping fingers crossed.  Let's see if they accept the return.

Same situation with my return, and after more than 5 hours on calls with various TurboTax support folks and ZERO successful workarounds, I'm pretty much giving up on TurboTax.

After multiple calls totaling more than five and a half hours, with ZERO success, I'm not going to call TurboTax again, except to get my money back.

Looking around the web, multiple people have had this problem, with a FALSE report of "Marked as Estimated" and a completely bogus field name over several releases, and TurboTax has failed to fix it or provide a workaround. So after doing all the work on my return and being prohibited from filing, I'm NOT A HAPPY customer!

That worked to eliminate the false error, but unfortunately I can't file that way. In my case this in a 1099-R and not insignificant.

TurboTax support's only recommendation, after more than 5.5 hours on the phone with them is "stop using TurboTax Premier (so much for my purchase of that and my VT state e-file) and switch to the on-line versin".

Roger in NY
Returning Member

it DOES NOT WORK

it insists that the entry is ESTIMATED

I even tried deleting the $ amount in Line 1 there and putting it in another line, still no good

And the line was never entered as estimated

Turbotax made it estimated to begin with, and will not let go of the false designation

Roger in NY
Returning Member

DOS NOT WORK

Lines 10 and 11 in my Medical Expenses Worksheet Hdeduc have no entries, and nothing marked as estimated.

Nonetheless it keeps flagging as estimated, and I cannot undo it, nor can I file.

I tried Unestimating it line by line and for the whole pae etc. nothing works.

I tried entering $1 and check, still is not estimated but flagged as such by the review and unable to file

Roger in NY
Returning Member

and by the way -- same problem last year --- and one year later Turbotax still has the same problem,, and not just for me evidently, to judge by the large number of frustrated commentators

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies