Solved: Re: How to treat Income from Sub S Corp to 1040 ? ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

How to treat Income from Sub S Corp to 1040 ? Income only shows up as a negative value on 1040 Line 9

I have {-43516] Loss on 1120S that I transferred to 1040 on K! line 1 Ordinary Business Loss. Also took a 20,000 cash withdraw and placed it on K1 line 16 Code D for Distributions. 

This all then appears to go on Schedul1 and on Schedule E Page 2.  Schedule E page 1 no data.

My Issue > On the 1040 Line 8 is {-15828} Loss. I understand that there should be a loss on the business somewhere, but why isn't there a 20,000 income which I'm sure I'm responsible for Income Tax as well as SS and Unemployment? Any one have help on how to treat income from K1 information to the 1040?

Thanks in advance,

Edmund 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

How to treat Income from Sub S Corp to 1040 ? Income only shows up as a negative value on 1040 Line 9

Distributions from an S corporation are tax-free to the extent they do not exceed your tax basis.

You are required to report income from your K-1 every tax year regardless of whether or not you receive a distribution so, when you do receive a distribution, tax (if any) has already been reported and paid. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

Distributions from an S corporation are tax-free to the extent they do not exceed your tax basis.

You are required to report income from your K-1 every tax year regardless of whether or not you receive a distribution so, when you do receive a distribution, tax (if any) has already been reported and paid. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings