turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

camerhend

How to link identities?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
TomK100
Expert Alumni

How to link identities?

If you mean accounts, you can not link two TurboTax accounts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tg123

How to link identities?

I have the same question. I have a turbotax account and a quickbooks self-employed account that use the same email address, but a different username (one uses my whole email address as the userid, and one uses only the first part of my email address as the userid).  Both accounts have a section that refers to "Linked Identities", but they say I don't have any "Linked Identities".  The fact that such a section exists implies that there is such a thing as a Linked Identity, but I can't figure out how to create one.

And I can't figure out how to get my data from quickbooks self-employed into TurboTax. Any help would be much appreciated!

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

How to link identities?

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
sdalal2
Returning Member

How to link identities?

I have called TurboTax support. They didn’t know what Linked Identities were, and they didn’t have a solution to the problem described in this thread, which seems to be ubiquitous.

TurboTax support suggested I contact QuickBooks support.

Can we please get a complete technical answer to this question posted to this forum?

How to link identities?

Since this didn't seem to be possible, I tried to delete one of my accounts, something the website says is possible.  When I finally ask it to delete the account, I get to a page where it asks me to input the 6 digit code I get in my email.  I input the code and it just blanks again and I get another 6 digit code sent.  This turned into an endless loop.  I then called support and the person was very nice but did not know what was going on and the only suggestion was to wait 72 hours.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies