Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

morrisB

How to get SS info for final tax return

My stepfather died and I need SS payment info for final tax return. The will was not probated but filed with court for informational purposes; therefore no ct appointed personal rep although I was named executor in will and am handled his affairs. How can I get the amounts paid for SS in order to prepare final tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AnthonyC_CPA
Employee Tax Expert

How to get SS info for final tax return

To MorrisB,

I am sorry for the loss of your stepfather.  In order to get his final social security statement (SSA-1099) you can call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or contact your local Social Security office.  You should have a copy of the death certificate and any information that shows that you are the executor.  Also, see below for where social security will send the SSA-1099 form in case you have not received it by shortly after year end.

If a beneficiary dies before the end of the year or before receipt of the SSA-1099, we send the beneficiary statement to the last address on the Master Beneficiary Record (MBR). The benefit statement is used to file any final tax return, if applicable. 

Thank you for reaching out to Intuit's TurboTax Ask the Experts Event!

AnthonyC_CPA

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies