turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to file form 7202 T

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

How to file form 7202 T

You'll be able to complete Form 7202 in TurboTax once it becomes available.

Form 7202, Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals is tentatively scheduled to be available in TurboTax on February 11th. 

It will not be supported in e-file, so it must be printed and you'll need to mail with your return.

If you were self-employed, you can use Form 7202 to figure an amount to claim for qualified sick and family leave equivalent credits on your 2020 tax return.

How to file form 7202 T

So when form is available do I still efile what is e-filable then print out return and mail? 

How to file form 7202 T

This information seems incorrect as the irs has listed this form as complete on there website and they are accepting it e-file the instructions don’t state any where that the form must be mailed in. Your competition has been allowing people to use it for weeks to the reader asking this question I suggest u go through tax act as I had no issue with using it there. It’s sad really as I have been a turbo tax customer for 6 years and no me and my others will switching. Here is the irs link showing forms instructions and availability

https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/formsPublications.html?resultsPerPage=200&sortColumn=postedDa...

How to file form 7202 T

I went through taxact after turbotax told me I couldnt efile form 7202 and they said I couldnt efile it on taxact and didnt even say when the form would be available, so im confused.

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

How to file form 7202 T

Form 7202, Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals (Taxpayer) is scheduled to be available 02/11/2021.

Because this form is required to be attached to your income tax return, you will not be able to electronically file your income tax return.  It must be mailed to the IRS.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kingibn

How to file form 7202 T

Where do I find that form to remove it because I want to e-file

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

How to file form 7202 T

Yes, you may remove form 7202-T on your income tax return. The form 7202, Credit for Sick Leave and Family Leave for certain Self-employed, effective April 1, 2020, applies to a leave taken between April 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 due to Covid-19.. Below are steps how to delete the form

1. Login to Turbo Tax.
  2. On the left side of the screen, click Tax Tools, then Tools,
  3. Under Tools Center, scroll down and click delete a form.
  4. Under Review Form List, scroll down until you see Form 7202, click delete..

See, when will my forms be ready, link.

How to file form 7202 T

Would this work to delete the form on the CD download as well? 

How to file form 7202 T

I want to efile so how do I delete the form on the CD download  version of Home and business? Any idea? 

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

How to file form 7202 T

How to delete a tax form in the TurboTax CD/Download software.

The best way – and often the only way – to delete income forms (including forms W-2, 1098, 1099, and K-1) is to do it from the summary screen for that particular form.

For example, the summary screen for Form W-2 displays the W-2(s) you entered and has buttons to edit, delete, or add another W-2.

So try that first – simply search for the form number, click its jump-to link, and see if that takes you to a summary screen. In the previous W-2 example, searching for W-2 and then selecting the "Jump-to" link in the search results takes you to the Here's your W-2 info screen, where you can remove it by selecting Delete.

How do I delete other tax forms or schedules?

While it's OK to delete blank, duplicate, or irrelevant forms, we don't recommend deleting valid forms or schedules, for example non-final forms or forms that won't let you e-file. Understand that deleting a form or schedule may create new, unforeseen problems before proceeding.

Also, if you need to remove a business that transferred over from your prior-year return, don't just delete Schedule C. Instead, remove the business.

Windows Instructions

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form you want to remove.
  3. After the form is generated in the right pane, select the Delete Form button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Follow any instructions to remove the form or forms.

Mac Instructions

1. Switch to Forms mode.
  2. In the left pane, select the form you want to remove (if you don't see it, select Open Form at the top).
  3. From the Forms menu, select Remove [form name].
  4. Follow any on-screen instructions to remove the form or forms.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How to file form 7202 T

That's crazy that Turbo Tax cant efile Form 7202 T while other Tax programs can??!!!

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

How to file form 7202 T

Yes, The form 7202 is available online  for printing and mailing The form 7202, Credit for Sick Leave and Family Leave for certain Self-employed, effective April 1, 2020, applies to a leave taken between April 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 due to Covid-19.. Form 7202 can't be e-filed.

mane

How to file form 7202 T

I deleted the form under tax tools so I could efile.  I plan to petition turbotax to assist me for FREE filing an amended return that I can mail in to get my refundable credits at a later time.........

How to file form 7202 T

Did your return go through okay after you deleted it? I might do likewise or say goodbye to Trurbo Tax permanently (after using them for YEARS!!) I do not want to mail my return..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies