turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How many returns can i file under turbo tax deluxe?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ModestaL

In TurboTax Online, you can prepare and e-file one federal and up to five associated state returns under the same login.You can also e-file up to five federal returns for each email address tied to a TurboTax account, but you must create a separate login for each return, and each return should have a unique Social Security or Tax ID number.

If you plan to prepare many returns, with the CD/Download products found here, you can e-file five federal returns and up to three state returns. However, only one state is included in the price. You can purchase and prepare as many additional state returns as you want.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
bkam84

Does this apply to Canadian returns?
ModestaL

In TurboTax Online, you can prepare and e-file one federal and up to five associated state returns under the same login.You can also e-file up to five federal returns for each email address tied to a TurboTax account, but you must create a separate login for each return, and each return should have a unique Social Security or Tax ID number.

If you plan to prepare many returns, with the CD/Download products found here, you can e-file five federal returns and up to three state returns. However, only one state is included in the price. You can purchase and prepare as many additional state returns as you want.

If the question was for the Deluxe DESKTOP version, you get 5 federal efiles but no free state efiles. Those are $19.95 ea. For my family I'm able to efile everyone's federal return then I mail all the state forms in one USPS Priority envelope for ~$6.00.
sbidell

I prepared efiled one set of tax returns (for a family member).  Now I wish to do the same for myself.  There is no option (that I can see) to start another return/create a separate login using my TurboTax account.  I don't want to pay for TurboTax twice.  Any help is appreciated.

What if I have 10 returns?

10?   Are you a paid preparer?  TurboTax is only licensed for personal use.   You would need professional software.

If it is for personal use then form the CD/download version you can print and mail as many Federal return as you want but only e-file 5 - that is a IRS limit to prevent commercial use of do-it-yourself software.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies