turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How long does it normally take to process a Maryland state tax return. It shows that it was accepted however when I call the tax return line they not received

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

41 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: How long does it normally take to process a Maryland state tax return. It shows that it was accepted however when I call the tax return line they not received

I'm in MD also. Have you gotten your return yet?
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

It usually takes 5-7 working days for Maryland to process a Refund for an E-Filed Return.  From past experience, they are sometimes a bit behind in updating their "Where's My Refund" phone line and website.  Also, they are usually a bit slower to process returns at the beginning of the filing season.

I would suggest that you double check that TurboTax shows your Maryland Refund as being Accepted by clicking here: TurboTax Refund Tracker

If the TurboTax Refund Tracker shows that your Maryland Return has been Accepted, I would give it another day and then check their website again for your status: Maryland Income Tax Refund Information.

yichiz

It's been a month since my Maryland tax refund being Accepted shown on Turbotax and shows "received and being processed" on Maryland tax status website. Does it usually take this long to process?

Shakina

Hello, what was the outcome? Did you recieve your money? I'm currently going through three same thing

Dlemon25

I mailed my return due to my IP pin being mailed to my old address. How long do it usually take to be received by the state or fed

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Mailed returns usually take longer to process. You may have wait for somewhere between 4 - 6 weeks for your mailed return to be processed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Julmol

It has been 5 weeks since I file my taxes I basically received my federal tax return and my state Maryland return I haven't what may be the hold up 😬😣😒.

Julmol

No I haven't and it has been 5 weeks SMH 

Hey- not the OP but we still haven't received our refund. I submitted it through TurboTax at the end of January. It just constantly says "Your return has been received and is being processed". Turbo Tax says the state was accepted but I guess that just means it was received. I don't know its very frustrating. We aren't even getting that much back so not sure of the hold-up. Hopefully, you received yours already! Still waiting on mine...

Swills12

Iam going through the same thing federal first not Maryland yet it’s been 6 weeks 

seyesam1

I filed my MD tax early January and I have not received my return yet. I always checked is status online but saying received and still processing. The year is taking longer than expected

I had filed my 2019 Maryland state tax on 02/12/ 2020. I have not received my tax return yet.

No not yet

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies