Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I transfer what I already entered for the current tax year on turbotax.com to the software program?

The software program was gifted to me and I do not want to have to re enter the data.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I transfer what I already entered for the current tax year on turbotax.com to the software program?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for downloading the tax data file from the 2019 online edition and continuing the 2019 tax return using the 2019 desktop software - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data-...

And then how do I transfer the downloaded file back to the Turbo Tax software?

@Michelle0707 wrote:

And then how do I transfer the downloaded file back to the Turbo Tax software?

After you install the TurboTax software on your personal computer, you start the program and then click on File at the top left of the desktop program screen.  Click on Open Tax Return.  The software will look for the tax data file you downloaded from the online edition.  If not found then you can browse to the location where you downloaded the file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies