Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rntiwari

How do I report my investment Loss of $250,000 in a business which has gone bankrupt.? Is this Premiere Turbo software is correct or I should have another one?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ToddL99
Expert Alumni

How do I report my investment Loss of $250,000 in a business which has gone bankrupt.? Is this Premiere Turbo software is correct or I should have another one?

TurboTax Premier will handle this transaction.

Report this in the "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds and Other " interview of Investment Income. Unless a Form 1009-B was issued, this would be an "Other" transaction.

See the following screenshots for aid in navigation:

Have losses on stocks like K-Mart & more. How do I report these with Premier TurbosTax?

If you sold the stock for a loss simply enter the 1099-B from the broker in the investment section. 

You cannot claim a loss until you actually realize it, by selling the security.

what type of business? C-corp, S-corp, proprietorship, partnership.

for a C-Corp it would probably be the amount invested. for the others, they may have thrown off ordinary losses which should be deductible but then that would reduce your investment $ for $ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies