turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i remove the password protection from a pdf file from my accountant so i can downlad it to turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

How do i remove the password protection from a pdf file from my accountant so i can downlad it to turbo tax?

That is not an income tax question ... however a google search yielded this :  

https://www.howtogeek.com/299457/how-to-remove-a-password-from-a-pdf-file/

sherry098

To remove password protection from PDF document you can use Google Chrome but, make sure that the file must not have printing restrictions. If the PDF file is print restricted then this method will get fail.

Therefore, to overcome such type of situations you can use SysTools PDF Unlocker Software. With this tool you can remove password protection from PDF file even if the file is print restricted.

To know more click here: https://www.themouvement.org/tech/best-pdf-password-breaker-software-owner-level/

The right thing is to phone your accountant for the password. Why try to crack the password when the accountant is working for you?

In other unfortunate news:

1)  The PDf may not work anyhow  (but you can try)

2)  When it does work, The PDF transfer has historically transferred so little information into the TTX software as to be practically useless.  Names, SSNs and AGI is about it...if you thought it might do more extensive SE business info, rental info, amortization schedules...etc..that kind of detail has always been absent. Of course, maybe that will change in the future, but so far, the transfer is so minimal as to be a "Why Bother".

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

If you are looking for a tool that unlocks PDF files, download PDF Unlocker Tool to unlock PDF Passwords and Remove restrictions from PDF documents This tool removes PDF Copy, edit, print restrictions and allow you to copy, edit and print PDF documents. You can also remove PDF passwords and reset a new password on PDF documents. For more information; https://www.toolsground.com/pdf-unlock-tool/

Hi, There are many other users also who are facing the similar problem. Many times users are unable to copy, print, or edit the PDF document. Therefore, in such cases it becomes necessary for the user to have some applications like PDF Unlocker Tool to unlock password protected PDF. With this software, user can remove security from PDF documents easily on any Windows OS. Go through this software by clicking the link https://www.filefixutility.com/pdfunlocker/

The accountant should have told you what the password was when he sent it to you ... my professional program defaults to the first 4 letters of your last name and the last 5 of the primary taxpayers SS# and the email I send with the PDF file attached tells you this in the body.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies