turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I refer a friend? The link I copied is saying "you can't refer yourself", I'm helping a friend do their taxes for the first time.

Is this because I'm using the same computer?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I refer a friend? The link I copied is saying "you can't refer yourself", I'm helping a friend do their taxes for the first time.

Please see the Help Article here that will walk you through the qualifications of the Invite A Friend Program.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yeah we tried that, the link I emailed kept saying "you can't refer yourself", even when we tried it on his computer. We tried two different links and still couldn't get it to work.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

The help article provided will help you with Invite-a-Friend program. Please click here for more assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Guys I understand how the friend program works, I'm telling you the link I received was broken.

I am not sure what link they provided - or where it (did not) take you to - but try this one as I just tried it (starting steps) and it worked...I hope it works for you, too!

TurboTax Refer A Friend

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies