turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Nytshaed
Returning Member

How do I get Form 8962? I got a letter from the IRS asking for Form 1095-A and Form 8962 because of my dependent child's Medical coverage. I added the 1095A to my return.

How long before Turbo Tax generates the 8962 in my account/tax return after adding the IRS requested 1095-A?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

How do I get Form 8962? I got a letter from the IRS asking for Form 1095-A and Form 8962 because of my dependent child's Medical coverage. I added the 1095A to my return.

Look at your IRS letter. Does the IRS want Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit or Form 8932 Credit for Employer Differential Wage Payments?

TurboTax generates form 8962 after you enter your 1095-A. See The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2020.

Form 8932 Credit for Employer Differential Wage Payments, is not supported in TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Nytshaed
Returning Member

Hello,

I have added the 1095-A for my daughter and NO WHERE can I find that that Form 8962, the one one requested by the IRS has been generated/created, or added to my 2020 Tax Return.  What do I do now?

DaveF1006
Employee Tax Expert

If using Turbo Tax online, after entering the 1095a, there should be a 8962 automatically generated. Go to:

1. Tax tools
  2. Tools
  3. Delete a Form
  4. Check to see if form 8962 is in your list of forms for your return.
  5. If using the software version, go to the forms mode to see if 8962 is in your list of forms.,
Nytshaed
Returning Member

I was on the phone with TurboTax for an hour sharing my screen and no matter what he tried, he could NOT get the 8962 to generate.  According to him, I no longer need to file it since the changes made by Pres. Biden in March.  So, I am crossing my fingers that is the case.

Nytshaed
Returning Member

Well, I waited another two weeks, downloaded my 2020 Return AGAIN, and still no Form 8932. I am UNABLE to either get the IRS on the phone or get an appointment at one of their field offices to find out if I even still need to send this form in.  Help?  Anyone?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Was the letter from the IRS prior to the changes in March?  If so, they would have wanted that form but now with the changes, the form is not required.  Since the form is no longer required, it will not generate.

Nytshaed
Returning Member

Hello!

The Letter 12C was dated April 14, 2021.  So.... I don't have to do anything more?  I DID file the 1040X and added my daughters 1095-A back in April as soon as I got the letter from the IRS.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

As long as you added it back in April you should be fine.  You do have to file the 1095A, but it will no longer generate the 8962.  What does the IRS Where's My Refund say about your status?  And did you file the 1040X or mail?

Nytshaed
Returning Member

The 1095-A was added to the amended return a day or two after the letter arrived. I refilled electronically via Turbo Tax.  Current status shows:  Amended Federal Tax Return Status: Accepted 04/25/2021

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies